What you’ll be doing…
You’ll work in Application Support as a crucial role in the DevOps model Verizon Wireless is utilizing. You will be monitoring, analyzing and supporting a new project which is part of the Smart Cities initiative. You’ll be working in a Windows Server environment as well as within a Linux Server environment.
– Providing technical and/or analytical support to solve a wide range of complex issues/problems.
– Periodically making recommendations that aid in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area.
– Working with other Ops personnel or our Dev/Engineering/Manager.
– Working with the application users, monitoring and maintenance of the application and servers and the ability to help drive new projects forward.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
– Four or more years of relevant work experience
– Experience with programming and languages such as Perl, PHP and/or Python.
– Experience with SQL.
Even better if you have:
– A degree.
– Experience with Wireless technologies and protocols.
– Experience with any of the following SevOne, HP BSM, Loglogic, Remedy and the Atlassian Suite of products.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.