DevOps Engineer – Manhattan, NY – **********
– Find Jobs
– Company Reviews
– Find Salaries
– Find Resumes
– Employers / Post Job
– Upload your resume
– Sign in
whatjob title, keywords, or company
wherecity, state, or zip code
Advanced Job Search
Read what people are saying about working here.
We are seeking experienced, results-driven, and passionate engineers to join our small on-site project team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and has excellent communication skills. Our
collaborative environment relies heavily on innovation, technical savvy, and problem-solving skills.
This is an on-site position in the Tribeca Neighborhood in Lower Manhattan, NY. As our newest DevOps Engineer, you’ll be a major contributor to the company’s success. You’ll work with teams across the organization to build and maintain monitor-able, performant, reliable and highly-scalable software systems. Your technical contributions will help protect dozens of brands, facilitate continuous delivery, support our SLA for high-traffic websites and mobile applications in the credit score and reporting industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems
– Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
– Support application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing
– ones through DevOps methodologies
– Automate infrastructure and configuration management
– Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
– Assist with all aspects of operational security and PCI compliance
– Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
– Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership
– 7+ years experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems
– Hands on experience with Docker and docker-compose
– Proficiency working with and understanding a containerized development workflow
– Strong background in Linux/UNIX administration (e.g. RedHat/CentOS 7/Alpine Linux)
– Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible
– Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Packer and Terraform
– Experience in deploying large scale Docker based environments with OpenShift or Kubernetes, or similar product
– Experience with languages like Bash, Python, or Node.js
– Experience implementing Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
– Experience using devops tooling/modules with VMware vSphere’s API
– Proficiency administering a CI/CD pipeline (we use Gitlab)
– Proficiency with networking fundamentals, diagnostic, troubleshooting, etc
– Proficient in using command line tools to quickly triage and fix production issues
– Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, HTML, XML
Nice to have:
– Experience implementing CI/CD Blue/Green Deployments using Gitlab CI/CD
– You’re a wizard with Terraform
– Project Atomic (Red Hat and Fedora atomic host) Consul
– Build and maintain data stores with PostgreSQL
– Implement Keepalived / Linux HA in a scalable environment
– In-depth knowledge of distributed computing and data systems, multi-region presence, high traffic websites.
– In-depth knowledge of immutable infrastructure, compostable infrastructure, and/or server less computing.
Job Type: Full-time
– United States (Required)
3 hours ago – save job – report job
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.
Save this job
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.