About ANGI Homeservices:
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. We connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Our business is complicated, with more than 15 million service requests annually and a dynamic internet landscape with rapidly-changing customer behaviors. ANGI operates 10 brands in 8 countries and is headquartered in Golden, CO.
As a DevOps Engineer and member of the DevOps team, you will help create infrastructure that allows one of Denver’s fastest growing companies to streamline its development and deployment strategies. You will be responsible for helping to scale out our infrastructure by writing automation recipes which will help monitor systems, execute backups and automate day to day tasks. If you’ve ever wanted to get into DevOps, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and work in a fast-paced, fun environment.
We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment and release frequently. Your goal is to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, operations and software testing to deliver HomeAdvisor software quickly and reliably to customers, both internal and external.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
– Software release on a (currently) Bi-weekly basis
– Work to create continuous delivery pipeline to automatically push code through the environments
– Deploy, debug and optimize dev, test and production VM’s consisting of Linux, Apache, Tomcat
– Work with the team to own and maintain the production infrastructure – patches, backups, upgrades, AMI’s, and security
– Work to create tools to allow development teams to self-serve their platform needs
– Daily interaction with developers and participation in the development process
– Continuously iterate and improve our systems
– Create documentation for supported systems and services
– Participate in on-call, and share in off-hours maintenance work
What will make you a great fit:
– Strong history of professional growth, collaboration and excellent communication skills
– Software release experience (2+ years)
– Knowledge of at least one virtual hosting environment (AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure/etc.)
– Familiarity with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
– Strong knowledge of containerization tools, such as Docker
– Knowledge of at least one automation tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
– Working in version control, especially with Git and Gitlab
– Excellent troubleshooting skills
– You enjoy a fast-paced, demanding DevOps environment that requires collaboration
– Ability to work among multiple teams and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates
HomeAdvisor is a fast-paced, dynamic marketplace helping homeowners improve their homes and contractors grow their business. HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado, and we’ve grown up from our startup days with now nearly half of a billion dollars in annual revenue – yet we’re nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All of this makes HomeAdvisor a great place to work.
The Denver Post has named HomeAdvisor one of Denver’s Top Workplaces for the last 6 years running, and we’re known for a casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. Things you’ll find here: jeans and sneakers, well-equipped game rooms, a bike share program, flexible scheduling, and on-site fitness classes. We have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy, and a well-rounded benefits package that kicks in within 30 days of your first day.
If you have questions about our interview process or team culture prior to you applying, jump into one of our weekly chats with our Recruiting team – *******************************************
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.