Viasat | Careers
– Sign in
– Careers at Viasat
– Why Viasat
– Military at Viasat
– Who we are
– Diversity and inclusion
– Social impact
– University grads
– How we hire
– Notice me
– Pick me
– Pick us
– Search jobs
US – CA – Carlsbad Ref #1331 26-Oct-2018
Viasat is in the business to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we are connecting international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications, and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels. The Devop Engineer in Commercial Mobility helps to deliver and maintain Viasat best-in-class in-flight Wi-Fi services to our global Commercial Airline customers.
You are capable of software engineering using disciplined software development methods, so why not come to Viasat and put these skills to good use? You will be a member of a product team where you’ll help design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, and operational efficiency of software services; build automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions; influence new designs, architectures, and methods for large-scale distributed systems; conduct periodic on-call duties using a follow-the-sun model.
– 3+ years of experience with commercial software development in building distributed applications and systems or equivalent expertise
– Programming experience with different languages such as Python/C/C++/Java in a Linux development environment
– Broad range of technology interests across different disciplines including computer and system architecture, web applications, performance analysis, distributed systems design, testing and verification technologies, data processing, and networking
– Ability to work on distributed remote agile teams with a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills to drive interaction with customers, peer developers, and project managers
– Specific experience with agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM, XP). modern software development environments as well as with DevOps practices
– Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
– US Citizenship Required
– Travel up to 10%
– Familiarity with running software services at scale
– Technical and software engineering background in the areas of cloud computing, enterprise computing, servers, networking, and virtualization technology and products
– Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
– Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work, and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite, you’ll never want to leave our beautiful campus. You can also reach out to help others in the community by being involved in our VPartners program.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required
Back to search jobs
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse enviroment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or veteran status.
If you would like to request an accomodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.
Copyright 2018 Viasat, Inc.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.