CGI is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Sacramento, CA to work on highly visible transformation projects for some of the world's largest enterprises. The DevOps Engineer applies deep technical expertise to the design, implementation, testing, and ongoing support of CGI's DevOps tool chain.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of an organization with $10 billion+ in annual revenues
• 70,000 employees in 40 countries
We offer a complete benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Integrates a diverse set of tools, including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, JFrog, and AWS CloudFormation to automate the continuous development, integration, deployment, testing, release, operation, and monitoring of multiple applications.
• Develops scripts to automate systems administration activities.
• Works with applications team and system architects to identify and implement solutions which improve the speed of production code delivery.
• Works with peers within and beyond the Operations team to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and develop & implement new solutions.
• As needed, assists with the development of Operations white papers, proposals, and other documentation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 4 years of experience automating development and systems administration processes in environments utilizing one or more of the following tools:
o AWS CloudFormation
• AWS DevOps Engineer Certification
• Experience supporting fast-paced development environments utilizing Agile, SDLC and/or other systems development methodologies.
• 3-5 years of System Administration experience.
• Ability to analyze and decompose processes for the purpose of automation.
• Excellent troubleshooting and root cause-analysis skills.
• Experience working with third party service providers such as vendors and internal support groups.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in driving technical problems to resolution.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to mentor other team members in areas of technical expertise.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Local and Wide area networking technologies.
• Database technologies, preferably DynamoDB, and Aurora (MySQL and PostgreSQL)
• Middleware technologies, preferably WebSphere Liberty and Business Objects.
• 3-5 years of experience working in an outsourced/managed services environment.
"CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for
this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and
training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI
typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are
dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is
$66,300 – $161,600."
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- DevOps Engineering
- System Administration
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.