What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, youll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. Were the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, youll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. Were the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Role: DevOps Engineer Digital Product Delivery Gurgaon office
Join the Digital Product Delivery team, as a DevOps Engineer, based in the Gurgaon office. Drive optimization of application development deployment life cycles through the use of immutable infrastructure as code methodologies.
What youll do:
– Collaborate with a cross-functional team of application developers, operations engineers, architects to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
– Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in development, test and production environments
– Collaborate with colleagues to support and improve architecture, systems, processes, standards and tools.
– Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
– Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure
– Work with application teams to move existing applications to AWS through lift-and-Shift and refactoring migration strategies
– Develop, implement, and test data backup and recovery, and disaster recovery procedures
– Write and maintain clear, concise documentation, runbooks and operational standards including infrastructure diagrams
– Ensure all solutions are properly monitored and instrumented
– Administrating and supporting Adobe AEM
– Manage Customer Support issues related to websites and resolve based on priority.
– Communicate issues, system downtime, and service interruptions to team members, managers and Gartner clients in a timely manner.
– Work closely with web platform teams and be aware of upcoming projects and initiatives as well as provide feedback.
What youll need:
– 3 – 5 years of experience in Software Development, Infrastructure Engineering or Operational role such as DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer
– Bachelors degree in computer science or related focus, or equivalent experience
– Strong verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
– Familiar with the fundamentals of web application and relational database architectures
– Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
– Understanding of agile and other development processes and methodologies
– Understanding of immutable infrastructure and infrastructure as code concepts
– Familiar with Linux and Windows operating systems
– Experience with Adobe AEM 6.3 is preferable
– Shell, Python, Groovy, Powershell or other programming language experience is a must
– Knowledge of the various services and capabilities of cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
– Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
– Prior experience using automation tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, ARM, Ansible, HashiCorp Packer, Puppet, Chef) desired
– Experience using/operating Hashicorp Vault/Consul desired
– Knowledge of Docker containers and related orchestration technologies is a plus
– In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Bitbucket,Github) Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as IAM, EC2, EBS, ELB, RDS, S3, Route 53, NAT Gateways, VPCs, CloudWatch, Lambda scripts, highly desirable Educate/mentor product teams and junior engineers
– AWS Certifications a plus (AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
Impact of Role:
Shorten provisioning time, provide self-service capabilities, and provide a more agile & streamlined application development and IT operations environment
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
– An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
– Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
– Exposure to industry leading training and development
– Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the worlds leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit www.
to learn more
Job Requisition ID:23200
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: *************************************************
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.