Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Hopkins, MN, Mid-West United States, USA
Company: Cargill, Inc
Industry Type: Commodities and Trading
Job Type:Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required:N/A
Position Purpose & Summary
Format Solutions is the industry-leading animal feed software solutions business operating within Cargill. Our commitment is to bring value to our customers through a comprehensive, integrated set of software offerings, industry knowledge and expertise in animal and human nutrition. We enable this commitment by being a proven and trusted technology partner, understanding our customers businesses and bringing significant industry knowledge and investment in software and services solutions to our customers – helping them to grow their business.
The Cloud Ops team is responsible for the delivery and support of our Microsoft Azure and AWS environments, which includes the deployment, monitoring and support for our cloud solutions including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting. The Format Solutions Cloud Ops team is looking for a new software build and release engineer (DevOps Engineer) to enhance our software development team. This person will help develop and maintain automated systems for build and release of new and existing software components within an SDLC while adhering to current DevOps principals and methodology, and providing in-person support for a fast-paced software development team.
– Establish continuous integration (CI) pipeline to fully automate deployment of the highly available, customer facing cloud products.
– Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
– Automate build and release process.
– Manage deployment scripts and application configurations.
– Manage release branches and ensure the accurate creation and delivery of compiled artifacts within numerous software systems.
– Push new releases to production.
– Provide the development teams support for their build process.
– Develop and maintain scripting to automate monitoring.
– Active monitoring of Production and QA environments, recommending/suggesting best practices for managing exceptions, etc.
– Actively work to improve production environments, troubleshooting and implementing monitoring/debug tools which will proactively help identify and resolve future issues in production
– Participate in design and implementation of new environments with Development Leads and Architects.
– Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
– Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
– Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, automate operational processes.
– Find where improvements can be made and seek out opportunities to improve existing systems
– Work with Development Team Leads and Architects to come up with new deployment methodologies and best practices
10% Team Leadership
– Be part of the product development team to be the DevOps voice to ensure scalability & performance becomes part of the app architecture
– Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
– BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or 8-10 years of equivalent IT operations and programming experience
– 5+ Years of experience within software and build/release engineering
– 2 years of experience in release engineering and/or configuration management.
– Work off-hours in an on-call schedule as needed.
– Ability to travel up to 10%
– Thorough understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) methodologies and tools
– (Jenkins, XLDeploy, Drone, Powershell etc.)
– Knowledge of Azure cloud services and API’s
– Experience with build/release automation and configuration management using Bitbucket, VSTS, Jenkins, CloudFormation, Powershell etc.
– Experience with application performance analysis and monitoring.
Job Post Date: 08/15/18
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.