– DevOps Engineer (HID4034) >
DevOps Engineer (HID4034)
2018-06-04Region: North America Long Beach, CA North AmericaUSLong Beach, CA
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world’s people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people secure and convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be accurately identified, verified and tracked digitally. Millions of people around the world use HID products and services to navigate their everyday lives, and over 2 billion things are connected through HID technology. We work with governments, educational institutions, hospitals, financial institutions, industrial businesses and some of the most innovative companies on the planet. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit *****************.
Mercury Security, located in Long Beach, California, is recognized as the global leader in the design, manufacture and supply of access control security technology. Mercury Security is part of HID Global, the provider of trusted identities to the world’s people, places and things.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, flex spending and FTO to qualifying employees. Mercury is a casual working environment.
The DevOps Engineer reports into the Director of Software Development and will work collaboratively with software engineers to deploy and operate our systems. This role will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. In addition, he/she will troubleshoot and resolve issues in our developments, test in our production environments.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
– Enable Dev, QA and Ops to build and deploy our applications from code to production and internal environments using our infrastructure.
– Architect and build software tools to improve throughput and work-efficiency for Dev, QA and Ops.
– Work with peers to deploy continuous deployment, continuous integration, automate machine provisioning and compliance.
– Standardize, automate and document setup of development and production environments
– Own and drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools and processes
– Bring new automation technologies to improve the velocity and quality of our engineering efforts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/IT, or Engineering
– Ability to complete complex tasking with little to no supervision
– Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
– Strong understanding of virtualization and hypervisor technologies
– Experience in scripting with bash or PowerShell
– Solid experience with Linux and Windows; OS, Networking, Sysadmin
– 5+ years of systems administration, site reliability engineering, or DevOps Experience
– 3+ years of experience with python and python-based development frameworks
– Experience with Jenkins or other CI tools
– Excellent software engineering skills in C#, or equivalent
– Focus on performance bottlenecks and performance improvement techniques
– Experience with workflow and issue management tools such as JIRA
– Strong networking knowledge of TCP/IP
– Must be comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities
– Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with customers, peers, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
– Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
– Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
– Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
– Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
Highlight knowledge, skills, abilities and traits necessary in this role to satisfy our customer’s expectations
– The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Employee works primarily in an office environment, with in a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
– Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
– Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
If you have a disability which limits your ability to
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.