We are Canada's largest independent information technology services firm, and we are still growing! We are expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Join this exciting new initiative as a Devops Engineer with a large US based client –
As a Devops expert with specialization in testing tool integration, you will carry out the following job activities –
• Implement solutions to integrate prioritized testing tools into the strategic delivery pipeline – such as
Selenium/Serenity/Cucumber (browser web based-UI)
Karate (API testing, some UI BDD support)
ChaosBuffet (internal strategic Chaos testing tool)
ReadyAPI (API testing)
Appium (mobile device testing)
• Ensure integrated testing tools operate in accordance with prescribed requirements and meet desired outcomes
• Establish and implement appropriate gating strategies/solutions based on segmentation/phases
• Define a simplified and scalable onboarding approach for testing tools that is readily adoptable
• Ensure that tools meet developer expectations, which will be feedback-based, such as ease of adoption and ease of use
• Lend expertise in partnership with others regarding broader test outcomes which relate to pipeline execution to ensure successful and holistic integration with ALM and Assurance tools (Jira/Xray, Backstage, Sonar, reporting platforms, metrics, etc.)
Required Technical Skills: – Must Have:
At least 5 plus year experience in DevOps.
• Experience with deployments along with a strong understanding of CI/CD
• Experience building pipelines using Jenkins Core/Enterprise
• Experience using Azure DevOps (Jenkins CORE specifically, would be preferred/advantageous)
• Experience using AWS or Azure technologies such as EC2, Kubernetes (EKS/AKS)
• Experience carrying out advanced programming with Java
• Experience using Docker
• Experience with automation technologies such as Cloud Formation, Ansible, Terraform is highly desired.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
Experience in Fintech/Banking and Financial domain preferred.
Position is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. One must be willing to relocate to Halifax for this role. Must have authorization to work in Canada.
- Azure DevOps
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.