Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The ANSYS Platform Deployment Specialist is a member of the EMEA Field Engineering organization. As a Deployment Specialist, you will work closely with our customers, leveraging internal technical and project management teams, and are responsible for software deployment & deployment support to ANSYS internal & external customers. These deployment environments can be on premise and/or in public cloud.
The deployment of these systems will include the elicitation, documentation and analysis of customers’ business/functional requirements, system design and solution configuration, onsite deployment and integration, user training and go-live support.
- Provide Customer care, Professional Services, Business support and BU Assistance as required.
- Work with customers to understand how to integrate ANSYS services and applications into their Infrastructure Platform.
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve deployment & configuration related problems of ANSYS software products on various platforms on customer premises and in 3rd party cloud environments. Support ANSYS SaaS Products such as ANSYS Cloud from a Deployment and Integration perspective into the customer environment.
- Work in an agile environment to develop the next-generation simulation platform for customizing ANSYS products according to the customer needs
- Propose, design, implement, and maintain software components & deployment automation which meet project requirements
- Actively participate in project planning, design brainstorm sessions and scrum meetings
- Work with engineering teams to deploy easy-to-use tools
- Think “outside the box”, prototype internally and let your ideas be known.
- Be a team player who can collaborate effectively with all key ANSYS and customer stakeholders including sales, product development, project management, implementation engineers, and end users
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Math, Computer Sciences, Engineering or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering or IT environment
- Familiarity with concepts that impact software deployment, such as TCP/IP, DNS, Ethernet, Virtualization, Security and Network Administration, Firewalls, Authentication, Web and Database Services & Storage platforms.
- A minimum of 1 years of experience with Linux-based computer systems
- Experience with Windows-based computer systems
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- Logical problem-solving approach and the ability to clearly communicate the situation and proposed solution to the customer
- Demonstrated use of relevant ANSYS software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA software package
- Experience in the following is a plus:
- Integrating with, Deploying & Administering an HPC system using Cluster Job Management Systems such as Grid Engine, LSF or PBS
- Cloud Based environments such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Windows Azure using tools relevant to those environments (such as CloudFormation, Chef or Puppet for AWS)
- Deployment and Operations of Web Services and Databases.
- Knowledge in microservices architecture
- Practical knowledge of agile project management
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 25%
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.