A fortune 100 company in the financial services industry is looking for a DevOps/Platform Engineer (Data Platform) to join their Cloud Data team. This team is responsible for building a data platform for data engineer's to use. Generally, you'll be responsible for services enablement (deployment is a part of this, present architecture, do a POC, then coordinate with security for threat modeling). This will include creating terraform modules and deploying data services like Aurora, Snowflake, AWS Glue, ElastiCache, etc. You will have the opportunity to decide what tooling can be used and have a large impact on the vision for this team. This will be a hybrid remote schedule working 2x a week onsite in either New York City or Irving, TX.
· Experience with data/database services like Snowflake, MongoDB, Amazon Aurora, ElastiCache, RDS, EMR, AWS Glue, Spark, Airflow
· Not users of these services but engineered/configured them and the resiliency, security, etc.
· EKS, Helm Chart experience — use EKS environment, deploying some infra to EKS
Java/Springboot development background
· Hands-on experience with Terraform to provision infrastructure.
· Terraform modules and CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.)
· Experienced deploying services NOT code/applications
· Experienced deploying to cloud based Kubernetes
· Understanding of Cloud architecture – AWS or GCP
Overall knowledge — certs would be great here
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.