Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 114,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit – an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for, as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The position of DevOps Engineer II is within our Abbott Heart Failure business unit located at Pleasanton, CA. This role will participate in the overall support and implementation of IT and software solutions, as part of a diverse DevOps team; the individual must demonstrate strong knowledge of IT and software development.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for leading the continual evolvement of our cloud solutions and automation adoption. The individual should have solid understanding of software development, cloud technology, automated deployment of infrastructure, configuration management, and cybersecurity.
- Implement and maintain the continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, using tools like Azure DevOps Server and Jenkins, as part of the application lifecycle management employed by the development teams.
- Design and develop infrastructure-as-code (IaC) automation solutions using Terraform, C#, PowerShell, or similar technology; providing oversight of the configuration management.
- Facilitate collaboration across various departments of the organization, as well as corporate teams.
- Lead the integration of IT solutions and technologies as part of the software product offerings.
- Provide ongoing administration, monitoring, and support of deployed infrastructure to cloud environment.
- Serve as the department subject matter expert for IT, cloud, and automation technologies.
- Contribute to the improvement and maintenance of the Quality Management System, with focus on the infrastructure management processes.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate, Divisional, and Business Unit policies and procedures
- Develop support documentation, such as requirements, design documents, test plans, test cases, training material, and installation guides.
- Evaluation and qualification of 3rd party systems and applications.
- Leads the analysis and investigation of product issues.
- Provide afterhours support when necessary, and be on call as needed; occasional travel
- Bachler’s Degree in Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Software, or Biomedical), Computer Science, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a similar or relevant professional experience in software development or IT services.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to think strategically and independently
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure certifications.
- Use of Terraform.
- Coding in PowerShell, C# or similar language.
- Infrastructure-as-code development
- Administration of IT infrastructure, and high availability systems.
- Ability to analyze information and communicate with clarity and effectiveness.
- Management and administration of a data center
- Technical Writing
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools, such as System Center, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or similar.
- Software Development Lifecycle knowledge.
- Use of Git source/version control repository
- Use of automated build and deployment tools in Microsoft Azure DevOps Server
- Critical thinking / Problem-solving
- Communication, written and verbal
- Continuous learning
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Technical leadership
- Problem solving
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The base pay for this position is $83,600.00 – $167,200.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.