Our products and services improve the way people learn. As a DevOps Engineer, you will help to design, deploy, and administer industry-leading technologies that directly benefit millions of people.
Candidates should have experience provisioning cloud-based software products in a team environment. The ideal candidate will prefer utilizing open-source tools and be well versed in Scrum methodologies.
- Create and maintain automation to deploy web applications.
- Create and maintain continuous integration systems.
- Manage cloud hosting environment (AWS).
- Manage backups, system monitoring, and other general administration related tasks.
- Provide support for software engineers to develop and deliver products.
- Consult with software engineers and project staff to analyze and understand project objectives, desired features, input and output requirements, risks, and opportunities.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls, answering technology-related questions.
- Assist in writing and maintaining functional and technical specifications, and documentation.
- Code and maintain automation software modules of considerable complexity.
- Provide both internal and external customer support by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions about products, and services.
Education and/or Experience: BS Computer Science/Engineering preferred and ability to demonstrate skills and concepts necessary for this role, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to solve complex problems and research difficult issues with some direction.
- Follows the departmental and project-specific development standards and processes.
- Demonstrated competence in system administration for large scale web applications.
- Demonstrated aptitude with automation tools such as Terraform, or ansible.
- Demonstrated competence with scripting such as bash or python.
- Demonstrated competence with Linux as a development and delivery platform.
- Demonstrated competence with continuous integration tools.
- Demonstrated competence troubleshooting web services (REST, JSON and XML).
- Familiarity with one or more source control systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.