Job Information: DevOps Engineer / PM Job
DevOps Engineer / PM
EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req Number ATS18-0027
Category Program Management
Division Arlluk Technology Solutions
Location ATS Bethesda
Arlluk Technology Solutions is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer/PM to join our team in Baltimore MD.
The selected candidate will provide hands-on DevOps technical engineering support services necessary to permit a Federal Client to provide a turnkey container solution offering. The DevOps Engineer / PM will actively participate with other DevOps Engineers to implement container solutions responsible for engagement delivery, but will also provide Project Management support services.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
– Install and maintain various components of Docker Enterprise environment supporting highly complex large-scale data center environment
– Integrate the Docker Enterprise components with third-party tools to support all the monitoring, logging, volumes, networking and security requirements
– Document the technical instructions, architectural diagrams, standard operating procedures
– Provide scripting solutions to automate various manual aspects of the Docker EE administration
– Work with a cross-functional data center team; participate/lead meetings to resolve complex implementation challenges
– Work closely with the representatives of legacy application teams and assist with transitioning those applications to a Docker-based environment & migrating existing workloads to containers
– Ensure stability and availability of Docker EE environment by proactively administering the systems
– Work closely with the data center operations teams to support the operations on systems hosting Docker eco-system
– Accountable for all aspects of task execution and will manage the hands-on, day-to-day execution of related operational activities
– Responsible for project management operations using industry best practices and resourcing of all task requirements and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) accountability
– Ensure that task risks are identified and managed
– Escalate issues to the Program Manager and implement mitigation plans.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience required
– Project Management Professional (PMP) credential (preferred).
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
– 8 years of Linux systems design, engineering and administration experience with demonstrated advancement to guide technology decisions preferred
– Experience in Containerized Applications lifecycle management tools and resources such as Docker Compose, Docker CLI/API, Docker Build, Docker Trusted Registry, Docker Container Engine, Kubernetes, Volumes, Secrets
– Experience with enterprise security tools, log management, job scheduling and monitoring solutions
– Strong scripting skills; Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby
– Experience with managing container-based environments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
– Experience in DevOps tools and processes (DevOps experience in Container environment is a plus); Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible
– Strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities
– Familiarity with various traditional and innovative project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
– Ability to work collaboratively with business users, managers and non-technical staff
– Flexibility to work overtime, as needed, to include weekends, holidays, and off-hours.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at ************************* or by calling ************ to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.
About our Company
Arlluk Technology Solutions, LLC (Arlluk) is a newly established Alaskan Native-owned, small disadvantaged business that is part of the Koniag Government Services group. Arlluk provides Application Development, Maintenance, and Enhancements, Enterprise IT Infrastructure Solutions, Cyber Security, and Integrated Program Management services. We support Federal civilian and defense agencies and State governments across multiple business functions including: Finance, Health, Defense, Social Services, Consumer Protection and Insurance. Arlluk has an 8(a) application pending with the Small Business Administration.
Our Equal Opportunity Policy EOE Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Disabled. holder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
This position is currently accepting applications.
Click here for technical assistance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.