This position is Remote. Candidates will be considered based on their qualifications and the candidate’s ability to work from an approved work location. Although the location is flexible, AEP does not have a presence in all states and localities. The following locations are NOT currently approved for this position: AK, CO, CT, DE, HI, IA, ID, KS, MA, ME, MS, ND, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OR, RI, SD, UT, VT, WY, US Territories or international work locations. AEP will consider qualified candidates who are willing to relocate to an approved work location, at the candidate’s expense, provided the relocation can be completed within a timeframe that meets AEP’s staffing needs. NOTE: All remote work locations require vetting and final approval prior to offer and/or start date. Any work locations listed as preferred or unapproved relate specifically to the requirements for this position and are not necessarily applicable to other posted positions.
Part of a larger team delivering technology solutions to address business problems and opportunities. Focus on translating specific business requirements into technical solution architectures including application architecture, integration architecture, data architecture, and non-functional requirements around supportability, resiliency, security, etc. Translate general business requirements and business trends in architecture patterns and technology ecosystems including data center architecture, application architecture patterns, integration architecture patterns, technology standards, non-functional technical requirements, and computing paradigms.
Drive the development and maintenance of technology and architecture standards, policies and guidelines to support AEP’s Quality Management and DevOps disciplines.
Guide the process and tool roadmap for TCOE and DTT that aligns with the broader Technology Organization. Roadmap will support interactions between development teams, testing, cyber and operations.
Review business requirements, create high level end to end solution designs, facilitate project estimates to align with business vision, with emphasis on supportability and scalability.
Help leaders and their teams think through technology, business and operational implications of their technology investment decisions related to how we manage quality at AEP.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
- Design and deliver solutions to meet complex business needs.
- Investigate and clarify business unit pain-points, address needs, develop and communicate solution options
- Leverage standard reference architectures, design patterns, technology guidelines and standards.
- Produce all architectural solution and project deliverables without assistance;
- Act a key Subject Matter Expert and for technology leadership on specific technical and business topics.
- Mentor, guide and oversee one or more junior solution architects.
- Work with the project team and leadership to ensure success of the projects in their portfolio.
- Participate in project decision-making to ensure trade-offs between project delivery and architectural goals are well-reasoned.
- Active contributor in the assessment of supported business unit solution portfolio, including the development of current- and future-state views of a given solution portfolio efforts.#LI-REMOTE
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field is required.
- Experience: 8 years of relevant work experience is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Self‐directed and dependable to produce high‐quality work in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development and unity of the teams work on
- Bring strong technical decision‐making skills to the team
- Effectively communicate appropriately through verbal and written channels to inform IT and Business Leadership and project teams.
- Strong business process knowledge of test automation and modern development practices using automation and pipelines
- Knowledge and Experience with Configuration of tools supporting DevOps and test automation
- Familiarity with model based testing and the benefits
- Experience with CI/CD and automated development tool usage, especially, GitHub, Artifactory, SonarQube, Eggplant, or Synopsys scanning products.
Physical demand level is Sedentary
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.