Digital Architect – Java
Cognizant is looking for a dynamic architect with experience designing and developing complex software systems and applications. The individual will work with product owners, domain experts, and product managers to design and deliver customer value. The role is expected to lead several software engineers in the delivery of custom cloud native applications. The individual in this role will ensure that standard methodologies are followed and that quality code is delivered. Lastly, Cognizant needs an individual that loves to collaborate with other technologists and enjoys mentoring and coaching.
Location: Irving, TX.
- Works with product owner and developers to groom product backlog
- Provides guidance on continuous integration and test-driven development practices
- Develops API strategy for the overall application
- Helps drive Agile ceremonies including iteration planning, standups and retrospectives
- Develops cloud deployment model of application
- As needed, develops and tests code for UI, services and integration tiers of an application component
- As needed, codes in a developer-pair as part of an Agile product-focused software development team
- Works with clients to understand case for adopting cloud native approach to developing software
- Develops technology strategy for engagement
- Facilitates removal of client technical barriers to engagement success
- Ensures technical collaboration between pod teams
- Technology competency areas – Cloud Native, Microservices and APIs,Reactive Systems, Analytics & Streaming Pipelines, Devops – CI/CD
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Engineering subjects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as an application developer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as and application architect
- Develops approaches to testing and writes unit tests using Junit or other test frameworks
- Creates and maintains CI builds using Jenkins, Concourse or similar tool
- Experience in designing and deploying cloud-native enterprise applications in public or private cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift / K8s + Containerization)
- Experience with Serverless, Reginal Deployment, Self-Healing, Compute, Auto scaling, Storage, Gateway, API Management, Networking and Security Constructs.
- Deep understanding of microservices architecture concepts and how to implement them
- Strong understanding of required patterns (Microservices design: bounded context, event driven and operational isolation; 12 factor apps and principles; API design, management, and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network and security architectures.
- Shown knowledge of resilient design patterns- Duplication, autoscaling, health checks, failover strategies, avoidance of cascading failures, operational isolation, etc.
- Data, data modeling and database management- Knowledge of various database technologies and use-cases (e.g., Relational, NoSQL, Graph, Caching Options, etc.)
- Understanding of regulatory concerns (e.g., HIPPA, GDPR, CCPA, PII, Nationalistic Isolation (NIST), etc.)
- Deep understanding of software programming fundamental concepts
- In-depth understanding of Domain Drive Design and 12-Factor applications
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment tools and standard processes in DevOps
- Has led Agile development teams
- Demonstrated project management leadership
Location: Irving, TX
- Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in US without requiring employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry recognized, award winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical training to keep your abilities fresh and have opportunities to obtain certifications on the latest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It’s the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to demonstrate the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Headquartered in the U.S, Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and recently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing “All Star” by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant demonstrates a highly flexible business model, a detailed global delivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of outstanding companies that are leaders in their own space.
Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 14 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.