This is a senior level technical role in the company. This position will help
lead innovations through building and applying cutting edge machine learning
techniques and AI technology to drive business growth. It will lead strategic
initiatives and research in developing AI technology and machine learning
algorithms and techniques. You will provide guidance to teams of talented data
scientists and machine learning engineers in developing and delivering the next
generation AI/ML solutions to the business.
You ll be a thought leader who challenges the status quo and brings new,
innovative concepts and technology into Verizon. You ll be an educator and
evangelist who is influential and persuasive in promoting AI/ML across the
company. You ll represent Verizon on AI/ML and interact with leading
researchers and industry leaders. You will also be part of the driving force
for attracting top talent.
* Lead large portfolios of data science projects and deliver innovative
technical solutions to solve problems and improve business outcomes.
* Lead the design, development, and deployment of AI solutions that drive
business growth and better customer experience.
* Contribute to the development of AI/ML strategy and roadmap for the
* Contribute to research and development of AI/ML techniques and technology
that fuels the business innovation and growth of Verizon.
* Represent Verizon in AI/ML research and the industry through
publications, conference speeches, collaboration with leading researchers
* Build strong influence both among AI/ML community and with senior
business leaders and actively promote the effective applications of AI/ML
* Lead engagement with key business stakeholders in discussion on business
strategies and opportunities.
* Build strong working relationship and develop deep partnership with the
* Work closely with engineers to deploy models in production both in real
time and in batch process and systematically track model performance.
* Be a subject matter expert on machine learning and predictive modeling
and a mentor to junior data scientists.
You are an accomplished data scientist, a recognized machine learning expert,
and a thought leader in AI technology and business innovation. You are a master
at analyzing big data. You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of
data are generated at rapid speed. You re a creative thinker who likes to
explore, and uncover the issues. You are decisive. You are great at influencing
up, down, and across groups, and you take satisfaction in mentoring others.
Communicating what you ve uncovered in a way that can be easily understood
others is one of your strengths.
* Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Master s degree in a quantitative field or in a related filed.
* Ph.D. in Statistics, Math, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science,
Business Analytics, Data Science.
* Eight or more yearsof experience in practicing machine learning and data
science in business.
* Accomplished researcher and expert in machine learning, neural networks,
reinforcement learning, chatbot technology, and NLP.
* Strong communication and interpersonal influencing skills.
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
* Experience in leading large scale data science projects and delivering
from end to end.
* Strong computing/programming skills; Proficient in Python, Spark, SQL,
Linux shell script.
* Strong experiencein Big Data and Cloud technology.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon…
You ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other.
Beyond powering America s fastest and most reliable network, we re lea
the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and
innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you
great pay and benefits, but we re about more than that. Verizon is a place
where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code,
words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’
differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes
Job Family: DSBI
Business Unit: HQOVH
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.