Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Technical Support Analyst III position provides escalated support to end users, manages projects, actively pursues greater knowledge of the applications used at Earthjustice, contributes to quality control for new technology implementations, and serves as a mentor to other members of the Technical Support team.
The position may be required to make periodic office visits to our regional offices. Travel time for the TSA III position is estimated at 4 – 6 weeks per year.
An aptitude for technology, strong work ethic, and intellectual curiosity are among the character traits critical for success in this position. Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to work across differences in technological aptitude are needed to work with others within the organization when providing help. Mentoring skills to help increase the technical strength and customer service skills of the existing support staff a must.
Technology Support (50%)
– Function as a “Technology Transformer”: proactively encouraging the adoption of new systems/software and providing training to the user audiences as appropriate. This includes promoting new technology within IT. For example, cloud document sharing, work flow products, mobile device management and a robust ticketing system for IT.
– Clearly and consistently document user issues, actions taken to resolve them, and problem resolution within ticketing system.
– Work in concert with the Technical Support Manager to mentor others in the Technical Support team to best practices.
– Create documentation and user guides for a variety of applications used at Earthjustice.
– Provide training and support to end users and develop training solutions that can be delivered by others on the Technical Support team.
– Attend training sessions to become THE product expert on select new technologies at Earthjustice.
– Serve as escalation point from Tech team to Tech manager.
– Support Manager with department purchase and equipment ordering including department budgeting.
– Maintain stakeholder relationships with key function groups.
– Drive continuous service improvements.
Project Work (10%)
– Project manage specific technology deployments, upgrades and new software implementations.
– Serve as IT liaison to events manager for offsite staff meetings; including planning, execution and on-site support and vendor interface.
– Participate in organizational workgroups for cross-functional projects.
– Work with the Technical Support Manager to identify a new ticketing system for IT that will provide reporting on Support KPIs.
End User Hardware Management (10%)
– Design a workflow to manage purchase, imaging, QA and deployment of new equipment for end users and identify a product to deploy at Earthjustice for this purpose.
– Work with the VP of Information Technology to establish purchasing process along with the VP of Finance.
– Manage the retirement of old hardware and select an inventory tracking software that all IT staff and Regional Office Management will learn and be responsible for maintaining.
– Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an associated field.
– Five years plus of experience working in technology and supporting users in a variety of capacities.
– Experience managing technical projects a plus.
– Strong and solid technical skills to troubleshoot, mitigate and resolve customer IT issues within agreed upon service level agreements.
– Strong critical thinking, abstract reasoning and hands on technical resolution skills.
– Demonstrated experience with Active Directory management, Azure, Cisco Firewalls, Mimecast, and VPN Anyconnect.
– Experience supporting geographically dispersed customers.
– Experience with providing support in a non-profit and/or legal environment.
– Experience, interest and aptitude in learning new and varied software applications and the ability to transfer that knowledge to others within the IT Team and user community.
– Strong Microsoft skills including Office 365.
– Excellent customer service and troubleshooting abilities.
– Flexibility to work as part of a team, but also independently with minimal supervision.
– Outstanding organizational skills.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong work ethic and ability to pitch in during non-standard business hours, when necessary.
– Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
– Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
– We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
– Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a:
– One or two-page cover letter that addresses your qualifications, why you are drawn to Earthjustice’s mission, and whether there are particular legal, environmental, or justice issues that inspire you.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.