Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Technical Support Analyst II (TSA II) provides software and hardware support to end users across the entire organization. The TSA II is a product expert on a variety of software applications used to support our litigation efforts, fund raising efforts and user productivity. The TSA II also participates in deploying new software to end users and leads various IT Projects. As a technical support analyst this person will represent IT to the entire organization. Technical support is often the first contact a user will have with IT and a positive impression is vital. The TSA II will be required to present a professional and friendly demeanor, even if confronted by dissatisfied or upset users.
The TSA II will visit our regional offices to promote IT projects and support users in person as we deploy new software and processes. Travel to our regional offices will strengthen IT’s relationships with our users and highlight the services IT is providing for Earthjustice. A key component of being a successful support analyst is to be a successful IT ambassador. Well developed technology skills, positive work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and an analytical approach to problem solving are among the character traits critical for success in this position. The TSA II will report directly to the Technical Support Manager.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
Technical Support – 35%
- Provide technical support for end-users
- Respond to incoming user calls and tickets providing timely and effective resolution of end user requests
- Clearly and consistently document user issues, steps taken to resolve issues and issue resolutions within the IT Ticketing system
- Provide informative status updates to users until their problem has been resolved
- Create user support documentation to guide users through various tasks
- Contribute to an IT knowledge base for solutions to known issues
- Provide employee technical training either 1–1 , in a group setting or via video conference
- Function as a “Technology Evangelist”: encouraging the adoption of new systems and software through training, support and presentations
Software/ Hardware/ Network Administration – 20%
- Develop and harden laptop images for rapid and consistent deployment of devices
- Install and configure laptop hardware and software to meet special user needs
- Assist with OS and third party patch management and deployments and serve as a backup resource for the Network Engineer in charge
- Participate in maintaining computer inventory and asset management
- Participate in software asset management best practices deploying only licensed and approved software
- Participate in regular security drills to improve IT’s ability to respond to technology incidents
Project Work – 20%
- Participate as the technical expert in IT Projects
Support IT in identifying new software and services that may be beneficial to Earthjustice
- Take ownership of all project tasks assigned
- Work with project teams to remove any roadblocks to individual projects
Mentorship and Team Building – 15%
- Support other IT Team Members in learning new technology
- Share expertise in software and hardware
- Take on a supporting role to other IT team members when asked
- Continue to pursue professional development goals to become a better and stronger team member
Administration (General) – 10%
- Attend IT and Operations staff meetings
- Respond to emails and requests in a timely manner
- Complete timesheets on time.
- Schedule meetings and video conferences as requested.
- Assisting in purchasing IT equipment
- 3 or more years experience providing technical support in a PC network environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar experience
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Office 365 email support, OneDrive, and common 3rd party applications in an enterprise environment
- Experience supporting users across multiple locations
- Excellent customer service and computer trouble shooting abilities
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Flexibility to work as part of a team, but also independently with supervision as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Weekend and off hour work may be required
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences
- Supervisory responsibilities: none
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online via the Jobvite system.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having technical difficulties submitting your application. No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.