East Coast Rail Market Leader
Job LocationUS-NY-New York | US-PA-Philadelphia | US-MA-Boston | US-NJ-Newark | US-DC-WashingtonJob ID1117-17235
HNTB Job TitleRegional Business Development Leader
Position TypeRegular Full-Time
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, ‘What if?’ Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, ‘together’ can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB ‘together’ also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And ‘together’ means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. ‘Together’ means that we are engaged in the communities we serve – we live there – and are committed to their growth and development.
We are currently seeking an East Coast Rail Market Leader to grow our practice and to lead and manage major Rail Transit projects. This position can be based in any of our Eastern Region HNTB locations preferably Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Newark, NJ or Washington DC.
This individual will be an integral part of the Rail Leadership team focusing on growth and performance of the Rail / Transit practice on the East Coast. This exciting opportunity offers the chance to join a fast growing rail practice which currently has a number of high profile Mega projects under contract throughout the division. HNTB’s rail group comprises leading national and international experts. HNTB is a premiere provider of rail systems to the nations rail and transit systems.
Responsible for business development efforts for a specified service line or geographic area.
– Develops and nurtures key customer relationship to build alliances and acquire new business.
– Keeps abreast of federal and state initiatives and develops leads on potential projects.
– Directs the research and analysis of business opportunities, assessing potential markets and developing recommendations for entry into new markets.
– Evaluates and analyzes projects through financial feasibility studies, market research and planning.
– Develops policies and programs, initiates proposals, and negotiates with prospective clients.
– Spearheads new business developments initiatives, builds business cases and negotiations.
– Ensures achievement of strategic revenue objectives for assigned market or industry segment.
– Plays a critical role in securing new customer and partner relationships as well as managing a set of existing clients.
– Entrepreneurial role responsible for achieving revenue targets in specific market segments through consultative selling in which they build relationships
– Networks with industry leaders and opinion makers.
– Builds and shares a vision on how the firm can best take advantage of market trends and opportunities.
– Manages projects, prioritizes resources, and leads the activities necessary to drive the revenue in these accounts.
– Manages multiple projects with cross functional teams.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Collaboration with the Rail Market Managers and executive leadership team, reinforce in establishing and the enhancement of client relationships
– Develop and grow local rail engineering staff.
– Provide senior-level engineering oversight of design, planning, construction and quality assurance/control of Rail Transit selected projects.
– Identify and pursue Rail MEGA and SUPER MEGA Projects.
– Develops client relationships for Rail Transit projects in the region.
– Provide technical oversight during execution of projects.
– Provide Project / Program Management on Mega Projects.
– Participate in staff technical and professional development in the Rail Transit engineering fields.
– Attend industry events, serve on panels, and publish to foster HNTB’s Rail Transit Market practice expertise.
15 years related experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Rail Engineering or construction or equivalent industry experience.
– Minimum of 15 years of experience in the Railway Industry (Owner or Consultant Engineering).
– Primary expertise in Railway Track or Systems Design and Construction.
– Strong relationships within the industry, and an established network of owners and consultants.
– Experience with Passenger, Commuter, Transit, and Freight railroads or a combination thereof.
– Experience with Large Rail Capital Programs, and project experience.
– Senior Level Practice Builder and Service Delivery Experience required.
– 10 plus years in a staff management position.
– Strategic thinker, with demonstrated collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment and gain the support of others.
– Ability to work in a matrix organization.
– Ability to work with minimal direction.
– Travel Required.
– Railway Operations experience a plus.
– PE preferred or equivalent owners experience.
– MS optional.
General Work Conditions
Office Environment: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently, and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.