At Facebook Reality Labs we aim to bring together the brightest cross-disciplinary minds in one place to deliver our mission: build tools that help people feel connected, anytime, anywhere. As an Electrical Engineer on the VR, AR, Portal, or a New Technology Team, you will design, build, and test prototype electrical systems for future consumer experiences within Facebook’s Family of Products. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. You will work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem and potentially include mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can take a board definition and implement with electrical schematic and layout, and can transition these designs into a high-volume consumer product.We’re looking for system or board level Electrical Engineers with experience in high volume consumer products. These systems will have custom ASICs, microcontrollers, microprocessors, FPGAs from simple to large, displays, audio, camera sensors, and high speed I/O. Familiarity with CAD tools like Cadence OrCAD, Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx, is required. The ideal candidate would be comfortable designing mixed high-speed digital circuit boards, be experienced troubleshooting at the board and system level, and be familiar with the consumer product development process.
- Designing, simulating, prototyping, and testing of electrical systems in experiments which combine mechanics, optics, and software.
- Collaborating in a team environment across engineering disciplines.
- Designing schematics, completing board layouts, assembling, testing, debugging, and integrating designs into electro-mechanical systems.
- Specifying components.
- Transforming vendor reference designs into custom solutions.
- Incubating new technologies into high volume production.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Working independently and managing priorities.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with schematic and board design using Cadence OrCAD, Altium or equivalent.
- Experience with use of oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators.
- Experience working with one of these technologies: digital signal processing, real-time image processing, display engineering, camera modules, mobile SoC and PMIC, or Battery Management System.
- Experience with high speed signaling over DP, MIPI, HDMI, and USB SS.
- Experience with IMUs/sensor physical sensor systems with an understanding of calibration methods.
- Experience with vision systems.
- Experience with audio.
- Experience programming in languages like Python or C/C++.
- Experience with circuit design in high speed circuits, Verilog/FPGAs, microcontrollers, microprocessors, firmware, and programmable logic based development.
- Consumer Electronics experience and/or working within a mass production environment.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.