Electrical Engineer (Rail Transit) – New Grad
Job LocationUS-MA-ChelmsfordJob ID1217-17376
HNTB Job TitleEngineer
Position TypeRegular Full-Time
CategoryNew Grads/Entry Level
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, ‘What if?’ Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, ‘together’ can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB ‘together’ also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And ‘together’ means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. ‘Together’ means that we are engaged in the communities we serve – we live there – and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation. We are seeking an
grad for a role in our
Signal Engineering Department
. HNTB’s Rail Practice encompasses planning, design, design/build, construction management, station facility design, signal systems, bridge and track design; for commuter rail, high-speed rail, heavy rail, light rail, and freight rail projects.
Assists assigned department by performing basic engineering-related tasks including research, development, design and delivery on assigned project(s).
– Contributes to the preparation or modification of reports, plans and designs for projects.
– Assists in the preparation of project quantity and cost estimates.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Primarily responsible for learning practical application of signal engineering principles.
– Prepare designs for grade crossing warning systems in accordance with state and federal regulations.
– Prepare designs for signal system logic including both microprocessor and relay based systems.
– Develop signal system block designs based on train performance criteria, product specifications, and train schedule headway and run time analysis.
– Develop material and construction specifications and quantity estimates.
– Perform field inspections and reporting.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
– Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering Technology
– Experience with AutoCAD or Microstation preferred
– Knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel)
– Great communication and analytical skills
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.