The Scrum Master (SM) supports Marketing Technology directly reporting to the VP – Marketing Systems. The person in this role will have overall Process and Technical responsibility for their Agile scrum team, business and technology liaison, training, and awareness, and advocating and evangelizing Agile and Scrum Principles. This role will initially be focused on transforming our various Email Service Providers used for Marketing, Servicing and Collections communications to our customers and prospects to a new consolidated service provider. This transformation will unlock millions of dollars of savings and position us for a more holistic approach in our customer communications with a more journey based approach.
We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility. You have the option to be remote, and work from home, or come into one of our offices. You may be occasionally requested to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events.
- Anchor and effectively apply the Agile Manifesto, SAFe core values, Lean-Agile mindset and SAFe principles to lead one or more high performing, cross-functional agile scrum teams.
- Skilled in operating within the context of a SAFe Agile Release Train (ART). Understands that a shared vision and direction is responsible for delivering solution outcomes and assists Product Owners, Release Train Engineer, teams, and Marketing management in this respect.
- Coordinate efforts/backlogs across other MarTech, Digital and Servicing teams
- Continuously strives to coach team and product owner to deliver higher customer satisfaction, improved velocity and delivery predictability, better system performance and enhanced ability to innovate, scale, and meet compliance requirements.
- Focus teams to establish flow, collective ownership, and greater automation.
- Guide teams to agree on a Definition of Done – align teams around what quality means and how it is built into the solution.
- Remove impediments and coach the team on removing impediments. Resolve conflicts and issues that occur. Help the teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Lean-Agile-SAFe framework and to achieve higher levels of SAFe maturity.
- Well versed in all Scrum/SAFe ceremonies: Daily Standups, Backlog maintenance and Grooming, Sprint Planning and Review, Release Planning, Demos & Retrospectives, Scrum-of-Scrums, Inspect and Adapt event, and PI Planning.
- Develop communication and awareness strategies and oversee their execution. Regularly communicate with Marketing staff and ensure key messages are cascaded throughout the organization; establish and maintain cross-team and (where appropriate – cross-business) relationships and provide critical communication to key leaders and stakeholders for Marketing Programs.
- Assisting product owner to create roadmaps and their dissemination to the team(s)
- Manage a geographically dispersed team of IT resources to complete all aspects of the agile program.
- Expert in JIRA and Confluence. Creation of JIRA Dashboards (leveraging JQL, CQL & customized queries) for reporting on agile team metrics.
- Exposure to leveraging JIRA Portfolio Roadmap for reporting on Portfolio Epics and other JIRA issues.
Commitment to a Continuous Learning Culture and Kaizen:
- Committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and servant leadership.
- Continually increase self and team knowledge, competence, performance, and innovation.
- Understand the necessary supporting best practices of Personal Mastery, Shared Vision, Team Learning, Mental Models and Systems Thinking.
- Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future; broad knowledge and perspective and is future oriented.
- Ensure process rigor and adherence to SYF, SYF Office of Agile, IS and SDLC policies, processes standards and budgetary practices, and their enhancement.
- Collaborate with Technology teams to contribute to Agile Communities of Practice for Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Development/Services teams.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience in Technology in the consumer banking industry OR High School DiplomaGED and a minimum of 6 years or experience in Technology OR successful completion of Synchrony’s IT Business Leadership Program.
- Experience supporting a Marketing organization or MarTech stack.
- Servant leader: garner respect from their team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done. Superior communication, interpersonal and coaching/mentoring skills.
- Entrepreneurial: comfortable experimenting, being wrong, accepting constructive feedback, adapting, and moving on.
- Facilitative: lead and demonstrate value-add principles to their teams.
- Assertive: will uphold and evangelize the principles of Lean-Agile-SAFe-Scrum-Kanban-DevOps-Systems Thinking within Marketing Technology and across the company. Ensure these principles and concepts are adhered to; be a voice of reason and command authority to make tough calls.
- Situationally aware: able to identify differences of opinions and issues as they arise.
- Enthusiastic: transfer their high energy to their team. Ability to execute at a high level with a sense of urgency.
- Empowered: able to help their team self-organize.
- Able to resolve conflicts: facilitate discussion and alternatives or different approaches.
- Possess organizational skills and ability to collaborate with leaders to achieve cooperative global results. Excellent judgment, timely and high-quality decision-making skills and strong escalation management skills.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment with a relentless focus on continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and to stay focused in the middle of distraction.
- Possesses capability in interfacing with Shared Services and Product Owners and Product Management
The salary range for this position is 75,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
When you join us, you’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not only heard—but valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us and believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, we’re building a future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into action. Through the power of our 8 Diversity Networks+, with more than 60% of our workforce engaged, you’ll find community to connect with an opportunity to go beyond your passions.
This starts when you choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.