Embedded Software Engineer
– Review, analyze and understand the customer requirements and Statement of Work
– Create architecture to support modular design with high level of re-usability
– Review System and Software Architecture with software team and provide professional guidance
– Integrate Vector Bootloader with Client application
– Integrate Vector CAN/Autosar package with Client application
– Conduct architecture review with customer.
– Conduct technical design review with customer.
– Conduct Netcom review with customer.
– Configure AutoSAR MCAL according to project design
– Verify MCAL function.
– Support Vector quotes and resolve any questions between Vector, the customer and the Client development team
– Support Netcom testing (Ford FNOS Part 1, Part 2 and MUX tests) performed by Danlaw
– Support Netcom Checklist creation and Netcom review with Vector and the customer
– Drive the Client development team and the customer to resolve field verify issues, find root causes and provide issue resolution
– Reproduce field issues in Livonia office and verify issues are fixed with latest software
– Support bench/vehicle testing at customer (traveling out of state might be necessary)
– Support reflash campaigns when required (traveling out of state might be necessary)
– Update software to fix issues and review with customer to get their approval
– BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
– 10+ years of solid automotive embedded software experiences (OEM or Tier 1 supplier)
– Verse in AutoSar architecture
– Experience with ISO 15118 would be a plus
– Familiar with ANSI C, CAN communication and diagnostics
– Experience in using Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, CANdela, Genie, DaVinci Developer/Configurator)
– Familiar with model based design tool such as Matlab Simulink, Stateflow and Embedded Coder
– Familiar with verification tools such as QAC, Polyspace, VectorCast, Simulink Check, Simulink Coverage and Simulink Design Verifier
– Understanding of automotive product development process
– Experience in aSpice or CMMi (aSpice preferred)
– Able to use ALM suite. IBM Rational would be a plus
– Able to read hardware schematics and understand hardware-software interface
– Functional safety validation experience would be a plus
– Cybersecurity experience would be plus
– Be customer oriented in order to understand customer requirement, expectations and needs
– Understand the background and status of project tasks and schedules
– Able to understand change points, their associated risks and their design and validation strategies
– Able to foresee potential problems rather than waiting to see if anything goes wrong
– Able to conduct on-site verification, obtain detailed reproduction steps to trigger the issue
– Able to identify root cause using various methods such as Fishbone, Fault Tree Analysis, 5Ys, Timing Diagram, CAN traces etc.
– Able to provide viable solutions using PDCA along with risks, impacts, pros and cons and recommend best solution
Job ID: MM-121
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Column Engineering has been in business since January 1, 2000 and was formed to provide software, hardware and mechanical engineering consulting services to the Midwest engineering community. Column Engineering provides experienced engineers capable of solving customer concerns related to the design, implementation and testing of computer-based systems. From R & D and Design Engineering to Manufacturing we can promptly and efficiently satisfy your staffing need whether it’s contract, contract to perm or direct hire. Contact Info
– Livonia, MI
– Fax: ************
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.