Located in Grand Prairie, TX
Job ID: 603427BR
Date posted: Jul. 20, 2022
Locations: Grand Prairie, Texas
Program: TOAR and Embedded Software Engineers
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Want to work on the next generation of Patriot missiles, vital for our national security? Do you possess a Department of Defense security clearance and a keen analytical mind?
Here's your chance!
The Lockheed Martin Grand Prairie based Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) software engineering team is looking to add members in support of their Patriot Advanced Capability (PAC-3), THADD, ATACMS and Special Programs Programs. These business area efforts represents a revolutionary approach to ground area defense weapon systems in providing a multi-tiered mechanism for safeguarding a nation's assets. In addition to the exciting opportunity to join Lockheed Martin as a software engineer, your contribution to this development effort represents a patriotic justice to our country and our valuable allies in support of a United States Army.
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Fire Control is seeking a qualified Software Engineer to work in the Grand Prairie, TX office. We are looking for a results-driven software engineer that can take on a variety of roles.
– The first role is as a software test engineer who is responsible for designing and running tests on software usability. The software tester will conduct tests, analyze the results and report observations to the test team and the system engineering team. The engineer will review software requirements and prepare test cases, including analyzing test results on impacts, bugs and usability.
– The second role is as a test conductor who can lead a test team composed of System, Software, Quality Assurance and Safety Engineers in the verification testing of Fire Control products. The test conductor has overall responsibility for ensuring the verification process is followed and that all test documentation such as the Software Test Description and Standard Operating Procedures are created, updated and maintained according to Software Configuration plans.
– The third and last role is as a senior software tools developer who can create or maintain tools using C++ 11 and/or python scripts. The tools developer is part of the Tools Scrum team and is actively participating in design reviews and requirements development as well as mentoring new engineers and leading as a subject matter expert in testing.
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don't have all the points our qualifications. That is a lot of different areas of responsibilities! We will help you pick them up because we believe great engineers come from a diverse set of background.
Grand Prairie is part of the "Mid-Cities" region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
– Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) experience (VxWorks)
– Experience developing for Linux (CentOS)
– Real-time programming experience in a C/C++ environment
– A final Secret clearance (or above) is required prior to start
– Experience in Integrated Air and Missile Defense
– Ada familiarity/development experience
– Device driver development experience
– Scripting and automated test experience
– Knowledge of continuous integration and building/maintaining a software factory
– C++ 11 or greater experience
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4×10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Software Engineering
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.