Job Description – Ball Corporation
Embedded Software Engineer II – LabVIEW (******)
CO – Boulder
Return to Page
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe–from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Embedded Software Engineer II – LabVIEW
What You’ll Do:
– Using primarily LabVIEW and Ruby, Design, develop, test and integrate test system software and hardware for a variety of applications including: subsystem command and data handling, low level hardware control, automation, custom interfaces, and communication software for ground, airborne and/or space systems.
– Participate in the following activities: requirements definition, analysis and decomposition, support system level architecture definition and software design.
– Implement and certify test systems in the labs using commercial and custom built test equipment.
– Applications are programmed in LabVIEW and Ruby. Formal software development methodologies apply.
– Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
– Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
– BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years of related experience.
– Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
– Experience with LabVIEW and other LabVIEW constructs including LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, Veristand, Device Drivers and instrumentation.
– Experience with LabVIEW Object Oriented programming, state machines, intra-process communications, cross application communications, PID algorithms, and vision analysis.
– Ability to create new and support existing large applications built using LabVIEW and related technologies.
– Experience configuring and interfacing to instrumentation across various protocols, including RS-232, GPIB, DAQmx, VXI, RIO, TCP-IP, USB, Spacewire, 1553, CameraLink, and other related technologies.
– Experience with instrumentation including scopes, DMMs, DMIs, motion, cameras, power supplies, temperature monitors, waveform generators, spectrum analyzers.
– NI Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) certification is required.
– Experience with Ruby, Matlab, and SQL is desired.
– Ability to specify, configure and automate commercial test equipment, especially from National Instruments, to interface with custom analog and digital signals is desired.
– Experience working on efforts that require software requirements definition and analysis, architecture definition, design, implementation and test.
– Ability to interface to all engineering disciplines.
– Ability to grasp new technical concepts including hardware/software interactions, real-time processing, and concepts of operations.
– Self-starter, good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently and on a team.
– Working knowledge of configuration management principles.
– Working knowledge of software quality principles.
– TS/SCI preferred but not required.
– Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
– May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
– May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
– Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Return to Page
– Candidate Experience
Default Local Node:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.