Title: Embedded Systems Engineer
Develops electronic systems by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in conceptual and preliminary design including form factor, mechanical, electronics integration, cabling, etc.
- Create conceptual design of electrical interfaces, and mechanical and thermal elements of system
- Generate electrical interface and cabling design
- Bring-up, Test and Verify system design
- Support mechanical and thermal design, including providing conceptual design (mechanical and thermal), interface to mechanical engineering and mechanical designers, definition of mechanical drawings, review of mechanical drawings, mechanical conformance verification, mechanical fit check
- Support system integration design: Cable harness design, implementation and dressing, I/O connector definition, etc.
- Document system design: Support generation of mechanical design documentation, user’s manuals, assembly procedures, test procedures, configuration management documentation
- Support for production documentation, such as test procedures and assembly instructions
- Liaise between company and customer, up to and including management of customer interface
- Provide direct support to production in training and advisory role
- Provide support for customer issues, including direct technical support
- Coordinate resources assigned to task/project – including printed circuit board (PCB) and mechanical designs
- Support formal reviews Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR)
- Generate review documentation and presentations and attend meetings
- Create software designs, generally small software development projects involving embedded micro controllers
- Setup development environment as required
- Develop Code (all aspects)
- Test and Verify software design
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be detail oriented and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess the ability to successfully plan, prioritize and organize work activities and adhere to strict deadlines follow instructions, procedures, and policies; identify and solve problems
- Must be conscientious and complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
- Perform duties with minimal supervision and successfully complete tasks and assignments
- Must demonstrate initiative and ownership of assignments/projects
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and behavior and maintain satisfactory performance consistent with expectations of the position and GMSe policies
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with executives, colleagues and customers, internal or external
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management
- Must remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must possess the ability and desire to encourage and facilitate a positive and productive work environment for all employees
- Limited travel required
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 years of experience
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering and 7 years of experience in hardware design and implementation
Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, customers and employees in writing and verbally.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, kneel, push, pull, reach above head, lift up to 30 lbs. with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, feel or type and utilize a telephone, copier, printer, computer, calculator, mouse, keyboard and monitor to perform daily duties. The employee regularly engages in personal interaction with company personnel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and utilize a computer monitor under florescent lighting and/or daylight where applicable. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While the performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk up and down one flight of stairs or use an elevator
- The employee will occasionally be exposed to service dogs
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Must be a US Citizen, Permanent US Resident, or currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
General Micro Systems East is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GMSe is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GMSe are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GMSe will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GMSe encourages applicants of all ages.
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.