Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that cutting-edge technology drives our success. As the IT Security Engineer III, you will be responsible for performing and facilitating complex analysis, development, testing, and documenting security methodologies and technologies. This position includes proficiency in Incident Response, Threat Analysis, and Governance, Risk, and Compliance. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity and a better lifestyle, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide engineering support to all IT and Security technical towers.
- Provide security review and analysis of business requirements as well as the design of solutions for new and existing applications.
- Determines and gathers work estimates for security projects.
- Creates and maintains functional and technical design specifications and solutions to satisfy security project requirements.
- Identifies and evaluates security vendor software and integration strategies.
- Identifies and implements appropriate testing strategies.
- Executes all steps required to deploy/implement the application solution.
- Promotes a self-directed team environment. Collaborates with project team members on development, customer issues, and requirements.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Experience with all, of the following technologies, or their industry equivalents:
- Palo Alto Advanced Network IDS/IPS
- Zscaler Web Proxy
- Splunk ES
- Proofpoint Email Protection / TAP
- Tanium Endpoint Protection
- Cylance Endpoint Protection
- Strong background in security architecture including a deep knowledge of IT network security (secure LAN, WAN, vLAN, MPLS, and secure network zoning and restricted network design) and cloud-based technologies,
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and implementing technical security solutions such as secure remote access, firewalls, encryption, secure protocols, data protection, data loss prevention and identity management solutions both internally and within cloud provided services, with CASB products a plus.
- Able to translate business and non-functional requirements to establish security controls so that a proper security design can be architected and to document the security solutions for communications and enduring documentation.
- Strong knowledge of data and information flows, information governance, and network protocols.
- Experience of designing and incorporating technical security controls that align to industry standards (ex: NIST 800-53r4)
- Experience designing and managing security controls within service providers and the cloud.
- Appreciation of wider information security related principles, likely to be gained in industry or from a consultancy background.
- Strong communication, leadership and partnering skills.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering business requirements to time and budget constraints.
- Able to operate as a highly independent worker, as a technical lead, and as part of a strong team/collaborative approach.
It’d be great if you also have:
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills with ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to perform complex analysis of data, processes, policies, procedures and/or systems; produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy and develop, recommend, and implement solutions
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L’Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.