At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: Software Engineering
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company’s business objectives.
– Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
– Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
– Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
– Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
– Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
– Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
– Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, and business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
Accountabilities in this role
– Responsible for creating ABAP code throughout the SAP S4 landscape and throughout various SAP S4 modules
– Translate the functional specifications into technical specifications
– Conduct code reviews with other developers and mentor developers throughout the technical processes
– Perform effective analysis to investigate business problems, identify and expose root causes, identify and evaluate options, and recommend solutions
– Effective communicator: conveys thoughts and ideas simply and concisely; translates complex topics and delivers content in easy-to-understand messages; separates what is important from what is not
– Individual contributor who is comfortable leading others in a project team setting
– Provide regular status reports to keep stakeholder community informed
– Work within and onshore/offshore model
– Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Business, related field, or equivalent work experience.
– 4+ years experience in related field preferred.
– Strong development skills within S4 ABAP coding
– Expert level SAP knowledge of coding throughout the SAP S4 landscape
– Experience in object oriented ABAP concepts
– Experience with a full life cycle implementation; understanding of industry best practices preferred
– Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills.
– Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills must convey thoughts and ideas simply and concisely.
What is expected of you and others at this level
– Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
– Participates in the development policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
– Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
– Receives guidance on overall project objectives
– Works on or may lead projects
– Provides solutions designed to solve business issues and enable future enhancements
– Independently determines method for completion of new projects
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: ********
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH) is a $103 billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of healthcare. As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals and ambulatory care sites focus on patient care while reducing costs, improving efficiency and quality, and increasing profitability. Contact Info
– Dublin, OH
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.