BAE Systems is seeking experienced and energetic engineering professionals to augment and help lead our established and rapidly expanding engineering team focused on cutting edge Laser Communications Systems. We are looking for a Product Technical Lead (PTL) who can coordinate and manage the engineering activities and is interested in leadership role in a growing market. The successful candidate will serve as the Engineer Manager responsible for a line of free space optical communication products. to join a dedicated team designing and building innovative solutions that will continue to lead the industry.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Serve as the Engineering focal point for the project for integrated plans, issues reporting, risk management, etc.
– Prime customer POC for all technical issues – REQUIRES strong communication ability – both written and verbal
– Coordinate technical input for proposals and participate in subsequent contract negotiations
– Interface with project management, engineering cost account managers, design teams and functional engineering organizations to obtain agreement on allocated requirements, to resolve/clarify/revise system level requirements issues and ambiguities in configuration item design during the program development phase.
– Review all technical changes to requirements from the program office. Coordinate the analysis of the impact of technical changes to schedule/budget and ensure implementation and consistent design integrity.
– Interface with functional engineering organizations to ensure programs are adequately staffed and executed.
– Manage risks and opportunities in cooperation with the assigned system engineering manager and across other teams
– Work with customer to maintain notional schedule of program activities
– Mentor and guide engineers involved in program activities
The ideal candidate will be a good decision maker that has experience in military electronics, managing programs and leading/coordinating the engineering activities of others. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with customers are also required. A successful candidate exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education Requires:
– Typically a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific Field and 8+ years work experience with at least 5 years as a lead Engineer/Project leader/SEM/supervisor or equivalent
– US Citizen with an Active Secret clearance
– Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, optical, software and systems engineers.
– Experience implementing systems engineering practices and working knowledge of DoD product development lifecycle.
– Experience writing proposals with innovative cost effective solutions.
– Working knowledge of EVMS systems and Project management tools such as CPI and IMS
– Proven design, analysis and communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Education Highly Preferred:
– Experience in transitioning new products from low rate initial production to full production
– Background in optical or laser based system production
– Prior PTL, PEM or relevant technical management experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
on Company Website
Job ID: 37399BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– Merrimack, NH 03054
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.