Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that cutting-edge technology drives our success. As the Enterprise Technical Architect, you will be responsible for defining, upholding, and communicating the most beneficial vision of the IT architecture that supports the company’s business strategies. You will also provide support in the Solutions, Information, Integration, and Technology Architecture domains. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results by focusing on our company’s strategic plans; ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Develop the best possible technical direction for XPO, keeping in mind existing technologies and business systems, current project needs, future business requirements, and emerging technology trends
- Select technologies and tools for defining procedures, standards, and guidelines, and implement key technical groundwork building blocks; advise on technical strategies and translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Maintain responsibility for end-to-end technologies related to applications and data including distributed and web applications, middleware, presentation, integration, data stores, database decision support, coding languages, development environments, and platform choices
- Create and communicate the relevant technologies, tools, procedures, standards, and guidelines; facilitate adoption by the project teams in a timely manner
- Provide support to project teams by assisting with training, mentoring, troubleshooting, and testing new technologies; mentor project teams and end-users on enterprise architecture blueprint and domain reference architectures
- Review project deliverables to ensure they are architecturally sound and achieve the greatest degree of fit as possible with the desired architectures
- Identify project risks and issues; determine severity/probability and strategies for dealing with risks; monitor progress of issue resolution and negotiate solutions as necessary
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or technical area
- 10 years of IT experience with extensive transportation industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to function as an architect in one or more of these 4 domains: Solutions, Information, Integration, and Technology; knowledge of industry standard processes (SDLC, Agile), methodologies, standards, and best practices
- Ability to travel between branches occasionally
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or technical area
- Leadership and project management training; excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; consult with team members and management as needed
- Solid aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L’Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.