Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing
some of the most complex government, defense,
and intelligence projects across the country. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our
work has meaning and impact on the world around
us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by
embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and
being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no
challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our
work depends on an Enterprise Tools/Automation Developer joining our team to support our government client’s activities in the Northern Virginia locations.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Enterprise Tools/Automation Developer supports and maintains web applications and websites. Candidate will be responsible for driving automation and integration of procurement processes for a National Security program. The developer will work with other team members to create, maintain, and enhance property and financial type database, reports, and dashboards from various data sources. Over time the developer will automate manual processes to enhance efficiency and productivity of the program. Position is required to meet with stakeholders to gather requirements for enhancing and/or modifying reports, workflows, and automation opportunities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and enhance program equipment list/database and SharePoint tool. Tool and processes currently use SQL, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, and Tableau.
- Work with operations teams to automate tasks, provide greater efficiency and reliability across programs
- Monitor performance and maintain software tools according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Provides guidance and training to other team members on tools and processes developed
- Participates in special projects as required
Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline Engineering, Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Business with a Technical Background of related experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- We need experience in application development/maintenance and automation functions utilizing scripting and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Strong desire to code, produce clean readable code
- Good understanding of change management principles
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Visual Basic and SharePoint configuration and development
- Experience developing testable requirements from unstructured vision statements
- Experience reverse engineering/deciphering existing code to understand current logic and actions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills are required
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, unstructured environment is desired; ability to be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to maintain technical knowledge and acquire new technical skills and/or certifications
- Prefer an Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, VMware Automation, and ServiceNow a plus
- Knowledge of or experience with tools such as Tableau, ServiceNow, SharePoint, and other commercial off the shelf software packages.
- Experience designing and delivering solutions, preferably in a Defense or National Intelligence agency, is preferred.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, we prefer all candidates to hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Chantilly
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.