Careers Center | ERP Enterprise Architect
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in here if you created your account AFTER September 12, 2017
ERP Enterprise Architect
Work Location US-IL-CHICAGO
Job ID 2018-6639
Address 6431 W FULLERTON AVE
Job Category Information Technology
Nearest Metro Area MI-Grand Rapids
Gordon Food Service is looking for an experienced, ERP Enterprise Architect, reporting to the Director of ERP Technology & Enterprise Architecture. This ERP project will support a 5 year transformational journey to re-imagine critical business processes, leveraging a best in class technology platform.
This business-led transformation will focus on process reengineering and standardization, measure success in terms of value delivered to the business, simplify operations by adopting industry best practices, and drive innovation by combining technology with optimized business processes.
What makes the ONE business transformation initiative a great team to be a part of?
As part of this initiative you will be implementing a leading postmodern Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, SAP S/4 HANA with SAP Hybrids, SAP Ariba and Vistex. You will directly contribute to the solution that is going to enable operational efficiency and innovation by leveraging technology, ultimately bringing a financial benefit to the organization for scalable and continued growth.
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable, and growing company? Are you service oriented? Do you enjoy communicating with a diverse group of people while using your strong technical background and collaboration skills to assist and guide project and product teams to excellent outcomes?
If you answered yes to these questions, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
This candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely, but must be open to travel to Grand Rapids, MI for up to 80%
Do you have a passion for delivering outstanding, timely results to customers?
If so, Gordon Food Service needs you to join the team! We are committed and focused on guiding the organization in evolving its information technology architecture.
This is a great opportunity to bring your experience and technical knowledge to bear while assisting with both near and long term successful technical outcomes.
What makes the Enterprise Architecture a great team to be a part of?
The role is focused on all aspects of Information Technology (IT) within the organization. The Enterprise Architecture team is involved in a broad spectrum of projects and technologies, guaranteeing an exciting variety of work. In collaboration with other architects, engineers, IT specialists, and business partners the Enterprise Architect leads the definition and implementation of enterprise wide applications and technology strategies.
From custom software development to major Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation efforts which enable our business transformation initiatives, you will be working with teams focused on collaborative goals that support the success of each other and the company. You will work with people from across the US and Canada and have the ability for a flexible work schedule combined with some work from home opportunity.
The essential functions of the role.
– Embraces an enterprise level architecture focus and alignment with the overall company business strategy
– In collaboration with other architects, engineers, and IT specialists define the ERP (SAP S/4HANA) application, information, and technical architectural vision and strategic roadmaps, and support their implementation through the key business and IT initiatives and strategic projects
– Engages with the architecture councils, application and technical domain architects and engineers to ensure adherence to the architectural vision and standards to ensure the transition of plans from current status to future direction
– Leads groups of application and technical domain architects and engineers to provide stewardship over the ERP application and technology portfolio
– Provides leadership and oversight in the planning and implementation of strategic IT solutions
– Partners with other architecture and technology leaders in defining complex, cross domain solutions
– Researches current technologies that will enable innovation and determines their potential benefit to the business
– Leads technology vendor evaluations to determine our preferred technology solutions and partners
– Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What do we need from you?
– A service oriented attitude
– Strong communication and collaboration skills
– The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work both independently and as part of a fast-paced team
– Strong problem solving capabilities
– Ability to be a change agent within the organization
Leading candidates will have.
– An extensive experience with large scale ERP implementation project(s), preferably SAP S/4HANA, SAP Hybris, SAP Ariba and Vistex
– Recent experience collaborating in an ERP focused change/release management process with a System Integration partner is preferred but not required
– experience in wholesale distribution and/or manufacturing are preferred but not required
– Proven success contributing to an established Enterprise Architecture practice across multiple domains is highly desirable
– A strong knowledge of technical/infrastructure architecture, security, cloud services, enterprise integration, data management, and software development practices with focus on emerging information technology and postmodern ERP solution deployment and support
– Strong communication capabilities that will enable you to collaborate with our business partners and across software development, infrastructure and architecture teams within the Information Technology organization
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Information Systems
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Click here for more details.
Want to Learn More About Gordon Food Service? Check Us Out:
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: ****************************************************************
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to ************** and use the words Accommodation Request in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
for this job online
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
with your network
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.