About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation: Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
About the IT Team
The Global IT Team is a collaborative and diverse group that works to support our Evidence Action staff across all our program countries. We work 100% in the cloud and manage priorities across focuses like helpdesk, cybersecurity, cloud computing, and standardization of processes. The incumbent will be responsible for developing plans, processes, and policies to support a matrixed organization as we improve our cyber security framework, troubleshoot issues, and report on organizational governance. This position will be located in Washington D.C.
Systems Management: (30%)
- Work closely with the Global IT Director to design and coordinate IT-related activities; including maintenance of Evidence Action’s computer systems and plans for future growth, implementation of new software technology, and the implementation of IT policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and liaise with field IT staff to ensure effective professional interaction for optimal performance regarding Evidence Action’s IT policies and procedure.
- Establish and maintains relationships with outside IT contractors/consultants and equipment suppliers
Networking and Desktop Support: (25%)
- Troubleshoot computer and network related problems and any software and hardware related problems for end users.
Application Portfolio Management and Governance: (20%)
- Manage the day-to-day use, audit, and maintenance of Evidence Action’s various cloud systems and infrastructure, and coordinate with other IT staff to troubleshoot any system related problems Be the subject matter expert on Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office and/or Office 365, Google Workspace, and Box.
- Work with Global IT Director to develop reports on governance and system administration, including key risks and areas of responsibility.
Cyber Security: (20%)
- Work with Evidence Action’s cyber security team to implement, monitor, and audit controls of a cyber security framework, and provide support to the cybersecurity team to respond and mitigate cyber incidents in accordance with Evidence Action’s Incident response policy.
- Develop and manage cybersecurity related documentations as directed.
- Write, test, maintain, upgrade and backup codes for Evidence Action’s software application to run on various platforms, and participate in software beta testing.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible IT management experience; with Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required
- Knowledgeable of IT best practices and principles needed to troubleshoot and solve computer and software problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal skills communication with the ability to explain technical IT topics to concise, easy to understand language.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks, manage multiple projects, and coordinate with team to support the end users
- In-depth knowledge of RDBMS, .NET, web design and development, Google Workspace, document management systems such as Box, Dropbox or SharePoint, and cloud PaaS and IaaS (such as Azure or AWS).
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, including to developing countries for 20% of the time.
- Cross-cultural experience and alignment with Evidence Action values.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of a U.S. employment visa at this time.
Evidence Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.