Job Description BAE Systems is looking for software engineer with 6+ years of back-end web-services software design, code, integration and test experience to join the Mobility Air Forces Automated Flight Planning Services (MAFPS) program engineering team. MAFPS provides 4-D optimization for worldwide airspace operations to Air Mobility Command’s 618th Air Operations Center (AOC). MAFPS is integrated in the US Air Force network and operates 24/7/365.
The qualified candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design, code, test, de-bug, integrate and deploy back-end web services in an agile development environment. This position may require occasional business travel in support of customer meetings and operational system deployment and support activities.
– US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 6+ year(s) web services, scripting, integration, database development and administration experience across the entire development lifecycle (or MS with 2+ years related experience)
– Java/JEE development experience
– Knowledgeable about web services to include WSDL, SOAP, XML, XSD, XQuery/Xpath in a live commercial or government production environment
– Experience with Eclipse IDE
– Experience with Java Frameworks
– Ability to understand software design patterns and their application
– Experience with object oriented design patterns, their uses and tradeoffs
– Familiarity with various web services standards, to include security standards
– Experience with secure coding practices
– Experience with Git
– Experience with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, Ant
– Experience with modern web Continuous Integration (CI)
– Experience with scripting, automation, fast deployments using Ansible, bash scripting, Windows PowerShell scripting, sed, etc.
– Experience with code scan and reporting tools such as Sonarqube, Cobertura, Jacoco, OpenCover, FxCop, HP Fortify
– Experience with virtual machine set up and maintenance
– Experience with automation and regression checking software development
– Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite
– Familiar with software development methodologies such as Agile, XP, Scrum
– Experience with concurrency and multithreading
– Self-starter with ability to multi-task
– Team player with proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaboration environment.
– Strong communication skills to collaborate with team members and stakeholders
Preferred Skills and Education
– Active Secret clearance
– Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related technical field
– Experience working with and maintaining legacy code bases
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 41063BR
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– San Diego, CA 92127
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.