Requisition ID 2018-26159
Work Location US-TX-Houston
Department / Discipline Facilities / Maintenance / Office Services
Position Type Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
We are currently sourcing a Facilities Project Manager to join our team in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will be a key member of Real Estate Services who leads the Project Management and Space Management teams that serve as the central point of contact for all business units across Wood. These departments are responsible for the planning and execution of space utilization, move management and projects related to facilities modifications.
*At this time, we will only consider applications from US citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place
* Position will be as a Manager over the Project Services and Space Management team.
* The position involves numerous meetings and conversations both formally and informally to understand the interests of various business units and clients related to corporate office space planning, capital improvement and long-rang planning.
* Construction projects will include minor new construction, fit-out of shell spaces, renovation of existing spaces and maintenance of existing building infrastructure.
* Move Management projects will include daily moves within the Houston Park Ten campus, mid to large group moves and full office relocations within the West region.
* The Facilities Project Services Manager manages construction projects from design through construction and close out.
* Manages the team that provides design and facility project management services for the fit out of offices.
* Manages the team that performs moves, adds and change requests and furniture placement, procurement, storage and inventory for Facilities.
* Guides staff in their key role to prove services to customers and act as first line of escalation and support. Coach and develop coordinators to continuously improve their occupancy planning and project management expertise.
* Acts as liaison and provide leadership for team and area of responsibility. Provide leadership, direction and coaching on project specific tasks as well as individual professional development. Ability to see, account for, and coach others in the ‘big picture’ as well as the details and to be able to tie Corporate RE initiatives to corporate goals.
* Customer engagement. Communicates and works regularly with various levels of management within the company. Sets and communicates expectations, defining feasible solutions while conforming to RES guidelines, processes and resource constraints.
* Supply/Demand planning. Balance customer requests with supply and demand, scan the workplace for alternatives and matches requests to resources (buildings/locations and projects). Develop and update long-range occupancy plans. Allocate blocks of space to different groups within a building or across a campus.
* Change agent. Educate departments/business units on RES methodologies and alternative work environments and associated costs of scenarios analysed.
* Relocation Project support. Support the development of restack plans. Develop scope, schedules and budgets for project moves to occur based on Real Estate Services strategy.
* Proactively collaborates with departments/local offices to develop space plans and occupancy options that align with the business strategy and workplace resource supply.
* Construction Project support. Support the development of project scope, budget, timelines and the tracking of the design and construction costs.
* Ensures the final product of a fit out project meets the requirements of the contract documents, budget and the company’s design/construction/occupancy standards.
* Manage the selection and coordination of activities of design teams, construction contractors, moving companies and related consultants and suppliers.
* Represent the Company to ensure all code compliance is obtained to support the project
* Introduce new ideas and methods to more efficiently manage projects
Skills / Qualifications
* 10+ years related experience
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Architecture, Engineering, Management or related discipline
* Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
HSSE and Quality Responsibilities
* Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and of others who may be affected by your actions.
* Co-operate with Wood by following all relevant health and safety policies and practice safe work habits.
* Report all injuries, incidents and near misses and to proactively support our behavioural based observation system.
* Implement established procedures to ensure compliance to Quality and HSSE requirements.
Identify opportunities for improvement in Quality and HSSE and notify the relevant department
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.