Job ID: 619909BR
Date posted: Feb. 09, 2023
Locations: Littleton, Colorado
Description:Take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Littleton, CO!
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy's mission to provide affordable and credible strategic defense. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure. The FBM Program is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers while maintaining the technical requirements of the strategic deterrence.
Learn about the Trident II D5 Fleet Ballistic Missile.
As an FBM LE2 Avionics Network Engineer, you will:
• Design and plan the network and communication systems for the FBM LE2 Missile
• Providing assistance and training to the engineering team as a subject matter expert for specifications and schematics for network
• Provide detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs
• Conduct testing of network design
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
• Perform and lead the team in technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and efficiency analyses for total systems (analyses are performed at all levels of total systems product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal)
• Ensure the logical and detailed conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions with consideration of technical, schedule, and cost constraints
Typically has 5-10 years of professional experience.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's or higher degree in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM), or significant evidence of equivalent understanding of STEM
• Experience with data bus and ethernet standards such as MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, and IEEE 802.3, or something similar
• Experience with instrumentation and data capture with standards such as IRIG Chapter 10 data recorder, Wireshark, etc.
• Experience using data analysis, using tools like MATLAB or Python
• Experience with diversity of complex electrical (hardware)
• An ability to navigate, understand, and interpret technical materials
• Ability to obtain DoD TS clearance
• Experience leading teams and efforts implementing network on programs or contracts
• Ability to engage and communicate with a myriad subject matter experts, in a variety of technical fields
• Must have demonstrated successful team/relationship building skills across multiple organizational boundaries
• US Strategic Systems Experience
• Missile/Space Weapons Systems Experience
• 8+ years with spacecraft systems design, development, integration and test with broad based and in-depth knowledge of space, missile and launch at the component through level
• Avionics flight systems or System Integration Lab (SIL) experience
• Knowledge of BIT (Built-in-test) design and testability analysis in avionics
• Experience with software qualification
• design experience using the UML or
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams, build strong relationships with team members and build consensus among peers
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to resolve complex technical issues
• Familiarity with Navy Strategic Partners (SSP) Customer
• Experience with a combination of design, integration, operations and engineering disciplines.
• Experience on a missile program
• Missile or space segment design and experience with one or more subsystems or fields outside of Systems Engineering
• DoD Top Secret clearance
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9×80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $82,200 – $157,500. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.