The EV Network Engineer will be part of a Global team working on a key Technology Infrastructure project related to the roll out of charging systems across global locations. This role will design and maintain the network hardware and software needed to support the EV charging systems as well as help coordinate the deployment across all locations. Tasks may include participating in the development of new network designs, assess network management, documentation, developing and implement test plans as well as many other network related items. This role will be involved in all aspects of the EV implementation, from design to support. As part of an overall global team, you will help lead this and other critical Network technologies.
Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for operational support and maintenance of the Hertz network including performing tier II troubleshooting as required; working closely with Hertz NOC for global support concerns; contributing to RCA analysis for major incidents; Ensuring proper maintenance coverage for all network systems.
- Responsible for participating in the on-time design and delivery of Network solutions (including LAN, WAN, wireless), as they relate to standard Field projects. This includes translating network designs into site-specific configurations; providing standards-based network documentation for all completed designs; configuring standards-based network hardware, systems management software, and operating systems for all network elements; performing IP address management.
- Responsible technical resource on network projects – Working closely with other Technology teams including Project Management Office for completion of regional and global projects; ensuring the completed infrastructure meets standard configuration, performance and availability requirements, including matching to the Enterprise and Strategic architectures; working as part of the Global Technology team to deliver the appropriate system architecture and infrastructure solutions to meet agreed business requirements; working within schedules, time estimates, and project plans for all deliverables; tracking own involvement for project milestones, identify problem areas before they impact the project.
- Responsible for ensuring the network is built securely. Ensure mechanisms in place to identify and remediate network vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for evaluating network performance, and capacity to ensure that the business needs are met. Maintain relationships with all relevant vendors. Ensure compliancy with all technology and application standards, including all relevant regulatory corporate compliance (PCI, SOX, HIPPA, GLBA, etc…); maintaining a service management attitude, promoting best practice throughout the IT team; ensuring Service Level Commitments are met and improvement opportunities are highlighted.
- Responsible for providing regular communication of progress as required to management and stakeholders; ensure self-development plans are followed and training attended, when scheduled; coach new members of staff to ensure IT/ business expectations are met on a consistent basis; promoting existing and emerging technologies, to provide input on guidelines and roadmaps for future IT infrastructure developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in network/IT solutions, network design, development and analysis, routing and switching protocols, WAN technologies (datacenters, wireless, wired, convergence, security, remote access, load balancers, content filtering)
- Working knowledge and experience in IP Networks, both on-premise and cloud-hosted.
- Working knowledge of in the following areas: Router/Switch, SD-WAN, Wireless, Network Management
- Experience of cloud-hosted Network technologies
- Experience in working on a diverse portfolio of projects.
- Experience of working according to ITIL processes, e.g. Incident Management, Change Management.
- Knowledge / experience of third-party supplier / vendor management (network products, telecommunication services, cloud technologies and professional services).
- Knowledge and experience of quality management principles and processes.
- Knowledge with network automation/scripting and related tools (Ansible/Terraform/Python/etc)
- Knowledge in deploying, operating, and maintaining various network environment including data, wireless, LAN/WAN
- TCP/IP network administration skills
- Experience in managing network management tools. (ACS, DNS/DHCP/IPAM, etc.)
- Knowledge of complex campus cable designs
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to producing high quality documentation.
- Ability to work well with others across many organizations including development, sales, marketing, finance, customer support, and field service.
- Professional demeanour and strong work ethic
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to interface with all levels of management and teams within the Global IT COE.
- Professional customer service focused attitude
- CCNA or equivalent certification preferred
- Ability to identify problems, make decisions, create solutions and take actions
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an attention to detail and strong customer service focus
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities to strict deadlines within a highly demanding technical environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Individual Leadership/ influencing
- Judgement/ Problem Solving
- Customer Service Orientation
- Initiative/ Innovation
- Attention to Detail
- Technical/ professional knowledge
- Organizational Awareness
Critical Personality Traits:
- Open, engaging, collaborative attitude
At Hertz, we champion and celebrate a culture of diversity and inclusion. We take affirmative steps to promote employment and advancement opportunities. The endless variety of perspectives, experiences, skills and talents that our employees invest in their work every day represent a significant part of our culture – and our success and reputation as a company.
Individuals are encouraged to apply for positions because of the characteristics that make them unique.
EOE, including disability/veteran
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.