JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing preventative, diagnostic, and corrective maintenance of all ride and show control network systems; provides technical support in the day-to-day park operation of large servers controlling the ride and show network and associated network equipment, human maintenance interfaces, and wireless technology.
- Responsible for research, analysis, design and implementation of systems and components to provide immediate and long-term solutions that will improve operational reliability, safety and serviceability of ride and show control network equipment through improved diagnostics and engineering approved software and hardware revisions.
- Responds quickly to downtime situations, troubleshoots for cause, and performs repairs related to show quality and ride recovery including fault analysis.
- Research and design computer systems to handle closed loop network systems including human maintenance interfaces and ride and show network safety systems.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of large server computer systems including RAID servers, fiber optic systems, wireless access points and Ethernet based systems.
- Responsible for utilizing a systematic approach to researching defective parts/systems using technical manuals, technical library and the CMMS system; test start up integration of ride and show control network systems and assist PQS trainer when required.
- Performs modifications to ride and show network systems as directed by management or engineering; performs diagnostics and repairs to all ride and show network equipment as assigned.
- Perform regularly scheduled inspections and preventative maintenance on all ride and show network systems; provide data entry into the CMMS system, logging of inspections, corrective actions, and/or repairs made while listing parts needed to implement repairs. Also, complete hard copy inspections and physical logbook entries.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and design of ride and show network systems in all venues resort-wide.
- High school degree or GED is required;
- Technical school certification and/or an Associate’s degree is preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in troubleshooting and repair of complex information technology network equipment or equivalent combination of education and experience required, including advanced knowledge in the set-up and ongoing maintenance of network systems.
- Computer experience with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Linux Systems, Cisco Systems, C+, and Visual Basic preferred.
- Experience in designing and integration of various network systems including IP networks required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching preferred.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Completion of orientation checklist into CMMS system required; applicable regulatory training including confined space and Lock Out Tag Out required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.