Five Star Senior Living’s corporate headquarters are located in Newton, Massachusetts. Just 20 minutes outside of downtown Boston, the building features easy access to public transportation and the Massachusetts Turnpike.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Financial Operations Analyst will work closely with our Regional Operations and Corporate team members to assist with the company’s FP & A (Financial Planning and Analysis) functions. This includes maintaining capital and operational forecasting schedules, preparation of pro-forma financials for various capital projects and corporate directives, and preparation of annual budgets. The Financial Operations Analyst is also responsible for the generation and analysis of various periodic and ad-hoc reports.
Additional responsibilities include:
– Creation of new reports in Workday (ERP) and/or Domo (BI)
– Collect information for capital forecasting from operations team
– Maintenance of projects & project budgets in Workday
– Training support for regional operations teams
– Maintenance and annual upgrades of budgeting models using Adaptive Insights
– Assist in the preparation of property insurance claims
– Other ad-hoc projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
– Bachelor’s or post graduate degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related fields.
– Zero (0) to three (3) years of finance, operations, or business information systems experience within the senior living or hospitality industry or multi-family residential property with responsibility and accountability for goal achievement is preferred.
– Demonstrated ability to train and educate key regional staff.
– Strong communications, planning and organizational skills.
– Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize activities.
– Ability to design and implement new strategies and processes across a national organization.
– Excellent presentation skills with ability to develop and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
– Advanced computer skills to include a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), with an emphasis on advanced MS Excel functions and an understanding of how business information systems work.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral English communication and to communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary setting with residents, families, staff members, representatives of the community and visitors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure of weights, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. The Financial Operations Analyst should possess basic statistics skills and have a thorough understanding of company P & L statements.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to solve problems related to the position and leadership situations. Ability to analyze data, reports, business documentation and problems and develop workable solutions and goals. Be able to interpret and implement written or oral programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Department.
Job requires minimal air and overnight travel. Required to work from the Newton office, with the option to work from home one day a week. Subject to frequent interruptions. Must be able to deal efficiently with multiple issues and tasks at one time. Must be available to work beyond normal business hours occasionally. Is subject to quiet to moderate noise levels due to phones, computers, copiers, mechanical alarms or occasional construction.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Demonstrates active listening techniques, gains support through effective relationships, treats others with dignity and respect and seeks feedback.
– Must be able to develop and maintain a good working relationship and collaborative approach with Regional Directors of Operations, Executive Directors, and corporate office employees.
– Must be able to develop a good working relationship, be able to communicate with, and be able to take constructive feedback from the Senior Leadership team.
– Possesses leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel while encouraging growth and skill development.
– Works with regional and corporate staff as necessary and implements recommended changes as required.
– Incorporates new methods, principals and trends learned from continuing education programs into existing practices.
– Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
– Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
– Persons who have been convicted by a court of law or regulatory body of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
– Must pass State and Five Star criminal background screen.
– Demonstrates effective time management skills.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS (with or without the use of mechanical aides/devices)
Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift and move throughout the workday to do rounds, attend meetings and carry out duties. Must be capable of lifting up to twenty pounds. Must be able to read, write and speak English effectively to variety of audiences. Possess sight/hearing senses or use orthotics/prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with senior management, facility / community personnel and outside agencies.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.