SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENIOR FULL STACK SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join a team working on mission critical enterprise software. Our systems are used by everyone at SpaceX to design, build, test and launch rockets. Are you comfortable tackling new problems and creating innovative solutions? Do you love interacting with every facet of a business? Do you consider yourself creative, motivated, and able to take ownership of the products you build? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that embraces change? Do you want to work on the software infrastructure that is instrumental to restore human Spaceflight to US soil in 2019? If this sounds like you, apply now!
- Build enterprise-wide software solutions using various tech stacks
- C#., NET, SQL, HTML, CSS, AngularJS, TypeScript
- Python, PostgreSQL, Linux
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Act as a responsible engineer for various software products
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
- Deep dive into your users’ problems, find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 4+ years in software engineering, OR 6+ years in software engineering without a degree
- 2+ years of experience developing across a full-stack: web server, relational database, and client-side/front-end
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in web applications development
- 5+ years of experience as an architect – proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems with flexible and scalable UI that meets future needs
- Professional experience with multiple programming languages such as C#, Python, and Java
- Proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable systems
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming and design principles
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring
- Experience optimizing applications for performance and scaling web applications
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design to provide intuitive applications
- Focus on performance bottlenecks and performance improvement techniques
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR HERE.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.