Position: Network Administrator
Job type: In-person
Pay Grade: 4
Reports to: Senior Manager of IT Operations
The FCNL IT Network Administrator is responsible for supporting the IT department’s plans for future enhancements and overseeing the technology infrastructure of FCNL. This position plays a pivotal role in supporting internal technical operations including systems and services, such as the network infrastructure, internet, security, desktops, servers, help desk, telephone systems and other network services provided to approximately 60 FCNL staff.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of IT and works closely with specific staff that are heavily involved in data collection and output to help determine the best way to meet the organization’s technology needs. The role will support FCNL-specific data systems, provide maintenance for the hardware/software infrastructure, and assist with the implementation of new solutions either individually or with assistance of the Senior Manager, IT Operations. This individual will work closely with IT-related consultants and other vendors to help enhance FCNL’s current Microsoft 365 cloud-based business environment, as well as build and strengthen its IT policies.
This position helps plan better ways to integrate data management systems and will guide FCNL in updating internal controls around Information Technology, train staff, and monitor the effectiveness of its technology to effectively support organizational growth.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
- Identify and coordinate organization-wide uses of data, including data-gathering and input, integration with other organization systems and processes and developing effective output tools. Preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Perform hands-on solutions at network and help desk level, including installing and upgrading software, hardware, implementing local file backups, and configuring systems and applications. Deploy patches, service packs, critical updates, and firmware upgrades to all workstations and servers.
- Develop effective methods of communication with internal FCNL staff regarding information technology training, maintenance scheduling and other subjects.
- Provide daily operational support to FCNL staff/team to include diagnosis and resolution of issues related to the network, hardware, software, and data systems.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of current technology options in hardware, software, and cloud-based services.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Maintain normal server systems such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS (external and internal), GPO, WSUS, scripts, etc.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Maintain and manage infrastructure (firewall/VPN (Cisco Meraki), switches, backups, LAN/WLAN, telephony, wireless, audio/visual)
- Work with IT consultants and vendors.
Experience and Attributes
- 3 or more years of relevant experience supporting technology infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of networking principles (e.g. TCP/IP), routing, and switching.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems in Windows/Mac environment using Windows 10 and Mac OS.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications and services.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Management (Azure, AD Connect, Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Bitlocker and Intune management systems
- Experience with Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Knowledge of Meraki Firewall/VPN, port/table routing.
- Knowledge of Veritas Backup Exec.
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Security.
- Experience with Blackbaud software, The Raiser’s Edge, and Financial Edge is a plus.
Project Management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a flexible manner to address changing needs.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to work independently, with little supervision, and to work effectively to complete tasks with or without complete documentation.
- Able to safely lift/carry around 20+ pounds
- Comfortable working in an office environment that reflects the Quaker testimonies of peace, equality, simplicity, and truth; and working within the Quaker process of FCNL.
Compensation & Work Expectations
The salary range is $77,000 – $85,000 and depends upon experience and qualifications. This is a full-time exempt position, based on a 37.5-hour workweek. Due to the nature of the position, occasional evening and weekend work is expected. This position is expected to be mostly in the office with the option for regular telework and may require local travel to support staff within the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area.
This position is located in Washington, DC. The employee will work with the supervisor to determine the in-office time and available telework times.
Benefits include health and dental insurance; disability insurance; life insurance; paid holidays; vacation; sick leave; family leave; cell phone and transit stipends; and a generous retirement plan.
FCNL requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against of COVID-19 by date of hire, with exception to those with religious, medical, and/or other exemptions. Candidates must provide acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of in-person or hybrid employment.
FCNL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, military service, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.