Front end Developer – React JS.
At Cognizant, our global community sets us apart—an energetic, collaborative, and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive. And with projects at the forefront of innovation, you can build a varied, rewarding career and draw inspiration from dedicated colleagues and leaders. Cognizant is right where you belong.
What you’ll do
· Design and Develop API’s, services and customer / user facing applications using a variety of technologies. Technologies include .NET (C#), cloud-based PaaS / IaaS/ CaaS, open source and third-party solutions tools.
· Develop cloud solutions using services, functions, and other key cloud platform components.
· Implement continuous integration and DevOps practices, including automated testing.
· Develop robust monitoring and alerting.
· Leverage a variety of technologies to provide solutions to business needs.
· Maintain and grow a deep knowledge and functional expertise of the supported technology ecosystem and touchpoints and impacts of changing industry best for deployment.
· Maintain and grow a deep knowledge of the retail, wholesale, marketplace, and automotive industries, specifically from the point of view of how technology is being applied to power the customer experiences.
· Partner closely with Architects and Lead Engineers to drive the digital commerce ecosystem forward.
· Create technical and support artifacts for applications and integrations.
What you bring to the role
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong teamwork skills, ability to learn quickly, excellent written and spoken communication required.
· Experience with API design and development required.
· Knowledge and passion towards the App tier/Service layer methodologies required.
· 5+ years of full stack application development experience required.
· Hands on programming using C# .Net, and Azure required.
· Experience integrating cloud-based technologies and solutions required.
· Experiencing scripting Infrastructure as code in a CI/CD pipeline
· Prior experience working with container technology such as Docker, version control systems (SVN, GitHub, etc.), build management and CI/CD and monitoring tools.
· REST APIs, and JSON required.
· Knowledge of JSON and XML concepts, frameworks, and standards, required.
· UX / UI experience required, React.js.
· Experience working with Agile and DevOps methodologies required.
· Experience implementing end point security utilizing industry stands and best practices.
· 5+ years of technology experience in a business environment preferred.
· Understanding of financial institution and payment regulations preferred.
· In-depth knowledge of relational databases, SQL and NoSQL knowledge and experience preferred.
· Knowledge of API Gateway technologies, preferred.
Must have skills.
· C# .Net
· REST APIs and JSON
What we offer
- The chance to work with impact. Here, you’re empowered to bring your biggest thinking to help our company and clients improve everyday life.
- Ownership over your career. Stay at the top of your game through our award-winning learning and development ecosystem. And when your ambitions change or we offer new opportunities, we help you pivot by providing reskilling, on-the-job learning and guidance to find new roles that might be a better fit.
- The opportunity to thrive on a high-calibre team with heart. We celebrate each other’s experiences and perspectives and promote a sense of belonging through our affinity groups and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including a competitive salary and pension plan with matching contributions.
- Flexible health and financial benefits to support you and your eligible dependents—from day one.
- True work-life balance. Be at your best through paid time off, flexible work arrangements, volunteering opportunities, social events, and so much more.
We believe hybrid work is the way forward as we strive to provide flexibility wherever possible. Based on this role’s business requirements, this hybrid position requires 3 days a week in a client or Cognizant office in Halifax. Regardless of your working arrangement, we are here to support a healthy work-life balance through our various well-being programs.
Note: The working arrangements for this role are accurate as of the date of posting. This may change based on the project you’re engaged in, as well as business and client requirements. Rest assured, we will always be clear about role expectations.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to allow you to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity you may be qualified for becomes available, we will notify you. You can then determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for being so interested in Cognizant career opportunities.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 16 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.