Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.