Front-End Software Engineer
Front-End Software Engineer
Company Quicken Loans Inc.
Location US-MI-Detroit Opportunity Details Who We Are
We’re America’s largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There’s a simple reason we’ve been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you’re tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you’ll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won’t find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine’s first ever list of Best Places to Work for African Americans in 2015. We’ve been on Computerworld’s ‘Best Places to Work in IT’ list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine’s list of ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You’ll Do/Need
The Front-End Software Engineer is responsible for creating a great client experience on the web. This team member will develop, improve and maintain innovative software applications. These responsibilities will require the Front-End Software Engineer to perform code reviews, assist with delivery estimates, provide feedback about all aspects of the process and take a lead role in application design.
– Work with a team to develop a new web-based financial application with cloud scalability, high performance and tight security requirements
– Design and build an engaging web interface from scratch
– Assist in creating the user experience
– Partner with the Marketing team in the creation of graphic assets
– Experience with design and development of wireframes and HTML prototypes
– Experience with responsive design techniques
– Experience editing and creating graphic assets using tools such as Adobe Photoshop
– Solid understanding of web security and data validation
What’ll Make You Special
– Familiarity with HTML5 and/or CSS3
– Cloud experience with AWS and/or Azure
– Experience building single-page apps (SPA) with AngularJS
What You’ll Get
– Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision insurance and much more
– Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
– Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We’re Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we’re in the business of putting roofs over our clients’ heads, but we certainly aren’t putting ceilings on our team members’ careers. If you’re interested in working in a place with a philosophy that’s truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: Quicken Loans received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2010 – 2016 Primary Mortgage Origination studies and the 2014 – 2017 Primary Mortgage Servicer studies. 2016 Origination (or Sales) based on 5,182 total responses and measures the opinions of customers who originated a new mortgage or refinanced within the past 12 months, surveyed in July – August 2016. 2017 Servicing based on 7,374 total responses and measures the opinions of homeowners on their mortgage servicing company, surveyed in March – April 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit ***********.
Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender based on the ranking of Quicken Loans in comparison to online residential mortgage lenders included in the Inside Mortgage Finance ‘Top 50 Mortgage Lenders’ report from Q2 2017.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.