Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
As a Front-End Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to drive the development of our next generation Application Framework for Change Healthcare. You will guide and mentor other team members on front-end development best practices, designing intuitive end user experiences, AWS cloud best practices while making sure that all software is built with performance, usability, security and scalability in mind.
This role will be a good fit for you if you are passioned about delivering compelling experiences for your end-users, embracing end-to-end ownership and collaborating in a cross-functional environment with your colleagues in engineering, product, design and business.
- Drive the development of new features, deliver the front-end interfaces and collaborate with back-end engineers on designing the supporting REST APIs
- Continuously refactor the front-end code to ensure maintainability, testability and performance
- Develop appropriate unit, integration and end to end tests for the features delivered in a sprint
- Actively perform code reviews and help evolve our code review guidelines to ensure quality code is shipped
- Work closely with Product Management and other stakeholders to ensure that the features delivered are meeting our customer needs
- Mentor other engineers on a variety of topics like front-end development practices, UI/UX best practices, Front end code profiling, Improving and optimizing page load time.
- Provide continuous feedback, identify process improvement opportunities, openly communicate and collaborate to enhance team capabilities
- Proven front-end development experience building enterprise grade applications, preferably using React
- Expert understanding of React and Redux frameworks
- Solid understanding of NodeJS, Webpack, Styled Components, React Testing Library, Cypress.IO
- Experience consuming REST services, defining API contracts with backend services
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with HIPAA compliance and the security of PHI data is a plus
New York and New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New York City, NY and Westchester County, NY is $105,225 – $183,000. The salary range for Ithaca, NY is $91,500 – $152,500. The salary range for Jersey City, NJ is $109,800 – $183,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.