What you'll do…
- Works closely with senior, lead or principal software engineer to design, develop and maintain software components and products that support H&R Block business applications.
- Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements.
- Creates and executes unit tests and addresses defects.
- Works closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- Designs, develops and maintains software components
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system.
- Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
- Understands business and functional requirements and produces technical specifications and product requirements.
- Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test plans
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
It would be even better if you also had…
- Full Stack App DEV
- .Net Core (preferred)
- Docker (preferred)
- Microsoft Azure Stack
- Azure Data Factory
- Function Apps
- Application Insights
- Azure Active Directory
- Angular UI & Micro Apps
- Eventing Platforms
- Service Bus
- web service APIs
- telephony infrastructure
What you'll bring to the team…
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 3 years Minimum related work experience
Pay Range Information
The pay range for this position is listed below. Local minimum wage laws apply. This information is posted pursuant to local requirements to provide applicants with information about what they might be eligible to receive. Individual pay decisions will depend on job-related factors such as experience, education, skill, performance, and geographic location where work will be performed.
Successful candidates may be able to participate in one or more incentive compensation or short-term incentive plans, which could generate additional earnings in accordance with the terms of each plan.
Qualifying associates can enroll themselves and/or their eligible dependents in medical and prescription drug coverage; can participate in the H&R Block Retirement Savings Plan (401(k) Plan), the Employee Assistance Program, (virtual) fitness center programs, and the associate discount program; are automatically enrolled in Business Travel Accident Insurance; and receive Associate Tax Prep benefit.
About H&R Block…
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.