This role will work in multi-disciplinary teams rapidly building high value products. A full-stack engineer will build cloud native software, using technologies such as AWS, Spring, Java, Kotlin, Android, iOS, React, and more. The engineers will be empowered to build great software in a highly productive culture.
This role has an impact on our financial performance and customer experience.
Job Contributions – Things You Might Do as A Product Designer at Hertz
- Pair programming – We pair on all our production code
- Test first – We TDD all our production code
- CI (Continuous Integration) everything – we care a lot about automation
- Experience all types of teams, products, and technologies
- Sustainable pace – We build software at a sustainable pace to allow longevity and stamina and higher quality
- Work in balanced teams consisting of Product Managers, Product Designers and engineers
- Growth Mindset– We are looking for an aptitude and willingness to learn
- Empathy – Kindness and empathy are important when building software for end users
- Pride – We admire engineering excellence and professionals that take pride in their work
- Customer obsession – We value engineers who are obsessed with the end user of their product
- Research problems and break them into deliverable part
- Work with a Lean mindset and deliver value quickly
- Work in a pair programming environment
- Developing cloud first, large-scale, software utilizing the appropriate technology for the task at hand
Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years in software engineering; or a Bachelor in Computer Science or other related field
- Prior JAVA, Spring and Maven experience
- Experience in web front-end development
- Experience deploying to cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of one or more Object Oriented Programming or Functional Programming languages
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of Lean, User Centered Design and Agile methodologies
The Hertz Corporation operates the Hertz, Dollar Car Rental, Thrifty Car Rental brands in approximately 9,700 corporate and franchisee locations throughout North America, Europe, The Caribbean, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The Hertz Corporation is one of the largest worldwide airport general use vehicle rental companies, and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world.
US EEO STATEMENT
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.