An international ecommerce corporation that is transforming postal and courier processes is actively searching for a mid-level software engineer to become a member of their USPS team. They offer a unique purpose-built consumer engagement platform, which provide superior customer experience with faster speed and better economics.
As a part of the team, you will be tasked with developing and extending business applications for the clients, as well as mentoring the fellow engineers on the team. This is accomplished on a variety of environments including WPF, UWP, Android, and IOS, via the use of the Agile Scrum methodology. Over the next few years, they plan on migrating the USPS legacy applications to the most up to date frameworks, hence there’s a lot of development work to be done. Moreover, this opportunity comes with a great deal of benefits and an abundance of room to grow and advance in your career.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working within a .NET Core/ .NET/ C#
- Experience with PCL & Shared Code
- Experience with WPF
- Experience with MVVM
- Understanding of Xamarin Forms (IOS, UWP, Android, Windows Phone)
- Experience with NUnit/ NSubstitute
- Knowledge of XML & JSON
- Must be able to pass security clearance requirements as a government contractor
Desired Skills & Experience
- A BS from a 4-year College or University in Computer Science or related major
- Software development experience using .Net/C# for Windows, Desktop, and Mobile apps
- Experience working with mobile devices
- Experience with full project lifecycle
- Knowledge of Xamarin or WPF
- Experience in POS development with peripheral integration
- Data-driven UI architecture
- Previous experience leading or mentoring other technical resources
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Hands-On
- 20% Mentoring
- The development and extension of features for the clients on the core platform
- Utilize best practices and design patterns to write clean, efficient, and elegant code
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and resolving technical issues
- Writing Unit Tests
- Assisting with the design and architecture of new features
- Performance tuning applications
- Participating in code reviews
- Translate user requirements into design and associated stories in JIRA
You will receive the following benefits:
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Wide Variety of Health Insurances
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HAS)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan
- 401K Plan
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Research show that women and underrepresented groups only apply to jobs only if they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. Motion Recruitment encourages you to break that statistic and apply. No one ever meets all of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
Motion Recruitment provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.