Full Stack Software Engineer
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC, is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer.
Job Summary: Work as a Full Stack Developer supporting Strategic Weapon Systems projects by building web applications and prototyping future IT systems.
Software development. Design, code, and maintain highly scalable and reliable enterprise applications using modern web development technologies. (80%)
Perform general software/systems analysis and design tasks including execution of concept-to-delivery system design processes (detailed design, implementation, testing and documentation) in an agile system/software development environment. (20%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
– B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related technical discipline.
– Experience in agile and scrum software development principles.
– Strong debugging, investigating and reverse engineering skills. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
– A strong desire to continually learn and explore new technologies and apply those modern technologies to develop innovative solutions.
– Candidate should be capable of contributing as an individual and as a team member.
– Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
– M.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical discipline.
– Experience with *******, jQuery, Bootstrap, C#
– Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server and No SQL databases (e.g., Mongo DB, neo4J).
– Experience with unit testing, continuous integration (such as CruiseControl, Jenkins), and version control tools (e.g., Git, Apache Subversion SVN).
– Experience with Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies such as Google Maps API, Google Earth, Cesium, etc.
– Experience with developing for multi-tier architectures.
– Current Secret or Top Secret clearance.
Special Working Conditions: US travel is required, not likely to exceed a few trips per year with no more than five days in duration for each.
Security: Top Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information up to the Top Secret level. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
Benefits: APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at **************.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab (APL) is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.